Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how to hide new pregnancy on drinking night?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 43 Replies
So my df and I aren't trying for a baby but haven't been careful either. We had unprotected sex on the second third fourth fifth and sixth with no protection and I'm ovulating either yesterday or today, though possibly on the sixth since I had some cramping that felt like ovulation that day too. I never have any problem becoming pregnant, that part is so effortless so I'm almost sure I will be after the last few days. My problem is staying pregnant. So if I am I won't want to tell df for a little while until I think it will stick. I always miscarry around weeks 7 to 8. But we have a regular every other weekend get together with his ex wife and her boyfriend who we are both really good friends with. We always play cards and drink. His ex wife knows I've wanted to get pregnant too, so it will be obvious if I try to get out of it or just don't drink. What should I do to keep it to myself until I'm ready? I don't want to tell df too soon and him be disappointed. And this is the first month I've had to really worry about it too much because we usually are more careful around my.ovulation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondie.mom
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe say you aren't feeling well? Sick? Migraine?
AleaKat
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
3 moms liked this
Say your having screwdrivers and just drink orange juice.
A single glass of red wine is actually good for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I have the same problem with staying pregnant. I've hidden mine since Thanksgiving and through Christmas. I don't drink though.

Maybe say you drank the other night way too much and can't stomach alcohol at the moment?
christinad612
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM
The migraine thing would work well since I do take medication for those. The screwdriver thing would work too except that df has an annoying habit of drinking my drinks so he would call me out lol
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it is important to tell your fiance that you are pregnant right away, as that is his baby too, I would be devastated to find out I lost a baby and didn't know it. I think it would hurt more than the actual loss.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Brittney,  tell your fiance. Or don't go at all because of your "migraine. "  :)

imandia4
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Get an empty bottle of vodka put water in it and pretend you are gettin your drink on.
nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
3 moms liked this

First of all, if you get pregnant easily, knew you were ovulating, and had unprotected sex while you were ovulating, that sure sounds to me like you ARE "trying for a baby".

Did your df know all of the above? Especially the part about you actively trying to get pregnant?

If so, and he is on board with it all, then if I were you I would tell him what you suspect, and plan the drinking deception together.

If, on the other hand, df has no idea that you were ovulating, or that you are actively trying for another baby, I can understand why you are afraid to tell him. I can understand why lying to him might seem like a better option.

Unfortunately, lying to your partner is NEVER a good option. Especially about something like this.

That is a great way to put a major dent in the trust portion of your relationship, which, if you did this without his 100% agreement, has already taken a hit.

Don't make it worse.

Either way, be honest - tell your df he might be a father, and that you can not drink at the card party.

Aurora-Dove
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Say you aren't feeling well or have "virgin" mixed drinks. As far as the miscarriages, have they checked your progesterone levels? I had issues with miscarriage early in pregnancy. During my 4 th pregnancy they started progesterone shots but was too late. I was pregnant again the next cycle and carried almost full term because my progesterone levels were still up from the shots and baby was able to implant. He's a healthy little boy, will be 2 in march. The trick is getting to the doctor as soon as you get a positive hpt and suggest they check progestetone levels stat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christinad612
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I certainly didn't ask for a lecture. My df knows my cycles, I would never lie to him about that.

Quoting nuts4scouts:

First of all, if you get pregnant easily, knew you were ovulating, and had unprotected sex while you were ovulating, that sure sounds to me like you ARE "trying for a baby".

Did your df know all of the above? Especially the part about you actively trying to get pregnant?

If so, and he is on board with it all, then if I were you I would tell him what you suspect, and plan the drinking deception together.

If, on the other hand, df has no idea that you were ovulating, or that you are actively trying for another baby, I can understand why you are afraid to tell him. I can understand why lying to him might seem like a better option.

Unfortunately, lying to your partner is NEVER a good option. Especially about something like this.

That is a great way to put a major dent in the trust portion of your relationship, which, if you did this without his 100% agreement, has already taken a hit.

Don't make it worse.

Either way, be honest - tell your df he might be a father, and that you can not drink at the card party.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)