Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how to hide new pregnancy on drinking night?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my df and I aren't trying for a baby but haven't been careful either. We had unprotected sex on the second third fourth fifth and sixth with no protection and I'm ovulating either yesterday or today, though possibly on the sixth since I had some cramping that felt like ovulation that day too. I never have any problem becoming pregnant, that part is so effortless so I'm almost sure I will be after the last few days. My problem is staying pregnant. So if I am I won't want to tell df for a little while until I think it will stick. I always miscarry around weeks 7 to 8. But we have a regular every other weekend get together with his ex wife and her boyfriend who we are both really good friends with. We always play cards and drink. His ex wife knows I've wanted to get pregnant too, so it will be obvious if I try to get out of it or just don't drink. What should I do to keep it to myself until I'm ready? I don't want to tell df too soon and him be disappointed. And this is the first month I've had to really worry about it too much because we usually are more careful around my.ovulation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
You could always lie and say that you have a raging yeast infection and you are on drugs for it and the precautions say no alcohol.

Quoting christinad612:

Usually beer but sometimes dark mixed drinks. Honestly my df is usually in tune to when I'm pregnant and will probably figure it out on his own around the same time I know for sure but in case he doesn't I prefer to keep it to myself for a little bit.

Quoting crwspringer:

What is your drink of choice?

A pp had a good idea about replacing the booze in a bottle with a substitute.

Vodka - water or flat 7up

Jack - tea or diluted coke

By the way, I would give df the heads up on a potential pregnancy so he can help out with the drinking issue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I don't know about where you are but around here, the flu has been going around and everyone is sick. I would just say that you're stomach isn't feeling well and you're just going to skip drinking.

mylilgooberpea
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM
My problem is staying preggo too... I offer to be dd. Or get a drink that looks like im having a regular.
RutterMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Just choose something else to drink.

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM
This!!

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I think it is important to tell your fiance that you are pregnant right away, as that is his baby too, I would be devastated to find out I lost a baby and didn't know it. I think it would hurt more than the actual loss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I understand that his reactions hurt you, but everyone grieves differently. I would ask him if he wanted to know when you got pregnant or after a certain time period. He may want to know, but grieve differently than you do. 
My husband held me for a while, then didn't talk about it after we lost our baby at 13 weeks.
He still won't talk about it.
My Grandma talked with me about it, come to find out she had lost a baby about the same term as mine. We talked for about 2 months every week, not about that, but she would listen to my struggles with friends being pregnant, or something like that. She passed away almost a year ago. So if we got pregnant again and lost the baby, I wouldn't have anyone to talk to. I know how my husband would react, but I would never keep that from him. It isn't his fault he grieves opposite of me. 
I think it is pretty selfish to keep it from him, actually. Would you not tell a child that his/her grandparent died because their reaction would make you upset? Probably not.

That is HIS child too. 
Tell him.

Quoting christinad612:

Actually with each loss we've had he's gotten more disconnected. The last time we lost a baby he didn't even act like he cared or look away from the TV. It made dealing with it harder for me, so if I turn out to be pregnant again I'd rather keep it to myself until I know all is well.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

I think it is important to tell your fiance that you are pregnant right away, as that is his baby too, I would be devastated to find out I lost a baby and didn't know it. I think it would hurt more than the actual loss.

Mar527
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM
When I was newly pregnant and didn't want anyone to know. I bought mikes lemonade and filled them with crystal light. It looks pretty much the same and with the twist off caps you can close them again. Our friends were mad we pulled one over on them, they had no clue.
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I knownyou dont want him to be dissapointed but you really should just tell him :-/ or tell his ex when you guys go over! Lol have her keep it a secret and maybe she can cover for ya? :-) good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meepsm0m2006
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Fake migraine, say its also causing u to Ralph, then stay in bed til they r gone execpt for the occasional trip to yhr bathroom (run) so they'll buy it .. my mom has bad migraines that put her in before for days except the time she spends bent over the toilet cus they make her nauseous .. and honestly its YOUR body and no matter your REASONS, it IS up to u when u want to tell other people including DF .. good luck to u hun!
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM

As someone who spends a LONG time TTC, you can't simply not drink just because you ovulated. Until you get a positive test I can't see the harm in a drink or 2. Just don't get drunk. Lots of people drink before the positive test. You can't put your life on hold on the chance that you are pregnant.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)