Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how to hide new pregnancy on drinking night?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my df and I aren't trying for a baby but haven't been careful either. We had unprotected sex on the second third fourth fifth and sixth with no protection and I'm ovulating either yesterday or today, though possibly on the sixth since I had some cramping that felt like ovulation that day too. I never have any problem becoming pregnant, that part is so effortless so I'm almost sure I will be after the last few days. My problem is staying pregnant. So if I am I won't want to tell df for a little while until I think it will stick. I always miscarry around weeks 7 to 8. But we have a regular every other weekend get together with his ex wife and her boyfriend who we are both really good friends with. We always play cards and drink. His ex wife knows I've wanted to get pregnant too, so it will be obvious if I try to get out of it or just don't drink. What should I do to keep it to myself until I'm ready? I don't want to tell df too soon and him be disappointed. And this is the first month I've had to really worry about it too much because we usually are more careful around my.ovulation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
meljonah18
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Be the bartender for the night.  I would also go for the migraine trick- it's worked for me in the past.    

christinad612
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I thought about that and might drink a beer or 2, but after several losses I'm afraid to do anything that would be harmful. If it was just us all sitting around having a drink or 2 it would be no big deal but we usually end up playing drinking games and end up buzzed at the very least. Usually leans more towards drunk. As far as everyone else that's advising me to tell df, I didn't ask for your opinion on that. I don't even know for sure so why would I tell him now? I'll tell him when I am ready and that's it. He's got a friend with an ex who had repeated miscarriages that turned out she was faking every time for attention and I think he might think that's what is happening with me. She went so far as to get pregnant friends to pee on sticks for her and printed out u/s photos she found online. Regardless I don't need to explain my reasons, so I won't anymore. I do appreciate that y'all are trying to help but I'd like it to stop there.

Quoting meepsm0m2006:

Fake migraine, say its also causing u to Ralph, then stay in bed til they r gone execpt for the occasional trip to yhr bathroom (run) so they'll buy it .. my mom has bad migraines that put her in before for days except the time she spends bent over the toilet cus they make her nauseous .. and honestly its YOUR body and no matter your REASONS, it IS up to u when u want to tell other people including DF .. good luck to u hun!

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Thats a good idea

Quoting AleaKat:

Say your having screwdrivers and just drink orange juice.
A single glass of red wine is actually good for you.

AuntyEm774
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I am a beer drinker and a label peeler--I just switched to NA beer and peeled the label like normal--the only one in on it in my case was the bartender!
jesuschild06
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

im guessing the get together is this weekend? i would go ahead an call and make an appt with an OB, get a blood test done and such. i like auntyem's idea on the NA beer. Do you pour your beer in cups or anything? I definately get the feer of even having one drink. i also like how someone suggested asking df if he wants to know when you find out your pregnant. migraine idea definately a good one. or the flu idea and just drinking gingerale, and then cut the night super short. But you will have to come up with something different by the next get together..... skipping 2 might get suspicious (especially to the ex wife). good luck. and hoping for the best !

also, if you ask df now about whether he wants to know or not, then in 2 weeks you will know whether to tell him or not. and if he asks why you are asking simply replying with "well i was just thinking about how we havent used protection, and i know it hurts you just as much as it hurts me to hear we had a miscarriage, so if i end up missing my period, i want to know whether to tell you right away or not" It doesnt make it sound like you believe you are pregnant, and it isnt saying you arent pregnant.

peaches_04
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Say youre on a diet or giving up alcohol or cutting down for a resolution
hkcason
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

tell em u took some cold medicine & it says not to take w/ alcohol.

meepsm0m2006
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Thats what I was saying .. those telling u to tell DF need to mind their business on that subject, u didn't ask about that .. I found out December 2nd I was pregnant and didn't tell til new years cuz I've had multiple miscarriages and didn't want him to deal with the heart Break if it happened again .. but if/when u find out whether or not u r pregnant, if u dont care that is, I'd like to know :) no one I kno is preggers ATM and I would LOVE to have a friend to talk to :) .. I really hope the best for u hun!

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

Thats a good idea

Quoting AleaKat:

Say your having screwdrivers and just drink orange juice.

A single glass of red wine is actually good for you.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Sorry, but YOU are asking US for ways to LIE to people.

And, not just LIE to strangers, but LIE to the person who is SUPPOSED to be the closest to you, and the FATHER of your child.

You don't get to pick and choose the kinds of advise you get when you are asking that.

From the post below, it sounds like there are lots of trust issues, on both sides.

So, why not just LIE from the get go -  pretend to have the flu, pretend to throw up, pretend to have a fever, then cancel the entire evening.

If your boyfriend wants to still party on his own, he can go to their house.

Of course, you do not need to go with all of the drama, and complex lies. Simply tell your boyfriend you do not feel like having a party, and do not want anyone over - period.

Quoting christinad612:

I thought about that and might drink a beer or 2, but after several losses I'm afraid to do anything that would be harmful. If it was just us all sitting around having a drink or 2 it would be no big deal but we usually end up playing drinking games and end up buzzed at the very least. Usually leans more towards drunk. As far as everyone else that's advising me to tell df, I didn't ask for your opinion on that. I don't even know for sure so why would I tell him now? I'll tell him when I am ready and that's it. He's got a friend with an ex who had repeated miscarriages that turned out she was faking every time for attention and I think he might think that's what is happening with me. She went so far as to get pregnant friends to pee on sticks for her and printed out u/s photos she found online. Regardless I don't need to explain my reasons, so I won't anymore. I do appreciate that y'all are trying to help but I'd like it to stop there. 
BaBa1123
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Just make sure you are making the drinks and go virgin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN