Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how to hide new pregnancy on drinking night?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my df and I aren't trying for a baby but haven't been careful either. We had unprotected sex on the second third fourth fifth and sixth with no protection and I'm ovulating either yesterday or today, though possibly on the sixth since I had some cramping that felt like ovulation that day too. I never have any problem becoming pregnant, that part is so effortless so I'm almost sure I will be after the last few days. My problem is staying pregnant. So if I am I won't want to tell df for a little while until I think it will stick. I always miscarry around weeks 7 to 8. But we have a regular every other weekend get together with his ex wife and her boyfriend who we are both really good friends with. We always play cards and drink. His ex wife knows I've wanted to get pregnant too, so it will be obvious if I try to get out of it or just don't drink. What should I do to keep it to myself until I'm ready? I don't want to tell df too soon and him be disappointed. And this is the first month I've had to really worry about it too much because we usually are more careful around my.ovulation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Replies (41-43):
bpryce
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Tell them your doing a one month detox. Or two month detox. Its trendy and its january, the month that people try all sorts of new things and call them "resolutions", google some info on some detox plans/diets if you think they'll ask alot of questions. I used this excuse to when i was pregnant with my first child and wasnt ready to tell people. It worked, no one questioned it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spotsmom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Well, surely one of you stays sober to drive home, right? So just offer to be DD. OR say you're on a diet, most diets prohibit drinking. 

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM

If it is mixed drinks you can make your own virgin version when no one is looking. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)