Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody use care.com for babysitters?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 17 Replies

I would love to have someone to just call up when I need a sitter. But I want to be able to trust them and things like this make me nervous. But I have heard good things about this site. 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I haven't used them but care.com and sittercity.com come highly recommended?

Lunarprancer
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Bump for responses

Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I've used them a few times for sitters and housecleaners. I do the full backgournd check and interview, then I have them babysit 2x while I'm home so I can monitor. So far it's worked great and I'm fairly particular. 

I have had better luck using Care.com sitters then the 3 different neighbor girls I let babysit. I wish I could leave reviews for the neighbor girls. lol

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM
That's where I got my sitter from. She's FABULOUS! The background checks and reference Interviews really helped me feel better. Also, I called her previous daycare employers without her knowledge and they gave glowing recommendations so that also told me a lot about her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I had better luck with sittercity.com.  Care.com didn't have very many people in my area.  I even moved to another state and found tons more people on sittercity with background checks compared to care.com.  Care.com had like 10 people (2 with bg checks) and sittercity had around 60 people (10 with bg checks).  Last time I signed up sittercity.com was cheaper then care.com too but its been a while so that may have changed. 

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Do you live in a really really small town? I live in a town with about 60,000 people amd there are a couple hundred people in my area on care.com. I don't know how much sittercity cost but care.com was under $30 a month and I only needed one month of a membership and dropped it after I found my sitter. I think these sites are great and very helpful! 

Quoting -PB:

I had better luck with sittercity.com.  Care.com didn't have very many people in my area.  I even moved to another state and found tons more people on sittercity with background checks comparedto care.com.  Care.com had like 10 people (2 with bg checks) and sittercity had around 60 people (10 with bg checks).  Last time I signed up sittercity.com was cheaper then care.com too but its been a while so that may have changed. 

-PB
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM

No. Not a small town at all.  Northern Virginia near DC.  When I was searching I would search within a 10 mile radius and selected certain personal preferences (like non-smoking, likes pets, cpr and first aid certified, etc) and thats how many resuts I got when I narrowed down what I wanted.  Yeah, prices changed then.  When I was looking care.com was like $10 more then sittercity.  Either way they are very helpful.  I've found some great people that way.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Do you live in a really really small town? I live in a town with about 60,000 people amd there are a couple hundred people in my area on care.com. I don't know how much sittercity cost but care.com was under $30 a month and I only needed one month of a membership and dropped it after I found my sitter. I think these sites are great and very helpful! 

Quoting -PB:

I had better luck with sittercity.com.  Care.com didn't have very many people in my area.  I even moved to another state and found tons more people on sittercity with background checks comparedto care.com.  Care.com had like 10 people (2 with bg checks) and sittercity had around 60 people (10 with bg checks).  Last time I signed up sittercity.com was cheaper then care.com too but its been a while so that may have changed. 

finnbar
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I found my current nanny job via care.com  

my mom has also found jobs thru them. a good sitter/nanny will have paid the fee to get an official back ground check and should have real references 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I used it as a sitter. I never got a job :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I always had dh get people from work recommend their sitters, high school girls, or their own kids to babysit. We moved a lot so that was the best thing for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured