Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

You're Probably Wearing the Wrong Bra Size - When was the last time you were fitted for a bra?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

You're Probably Wearing the Wrong Bra Size

Posted by Mary Fischer on January 8, 2013 

brasA couple of weeks ago, I was faced with the dreaded task of finding the perfect strapless bra to go with the bridesmaid dress I was wearing for my best friend's wedding.

Being a small-chested (yet proud) A-cup gal, shopping for bras is no easy feat. Actually, I hate bra shopping. And that's probably why I hadn't done it in at least two years or so, until right before New Year's Eve.

This time, I had no choice, so I ventured into the lingerie store and started combing through the racks myself to find a suitable, extra-padded size 36-A bra that would potentially add a cup size or two and make my "girls" look a little less minuscule as compared to all the other bridesmaids.

I grabbed a couple in my size, headed for the dressing room, and upon entering that area, I was greeted by a peppy little sales girl who looked at me and asked, "Do you need a bra fitting?"

My first instinct was to refuse and tell her I was just fine, but for whatever reason, I gave in and said, "Sure. What the hell."

And I have to admit -- choosing to let her measure me may go down in history as one of the best decisions I've ever made. Yep, you guessed it. I was wearing the wrong bra size.

For years now, I always thought I was a 36-A. But after the sales girl measured me, she informed me that I'm actually a 34-B -- and could possibly pull off a C-cup if I really wanted to. (I looked at her like she was smoking crack when she said that.)

Even after she showed me how she got the measurements and assured me up and down that I'm not as flat-chested as I proclaim to be, I still didn't think I'd be able to fill out a B-cup, let alone a C. But sure enough, the B fit perfectly -- and I can't even tell you how different my boobs look now that I'm wearing the correct size.

They're perky. They're at exactly the right level they're supposed to be. And you know what else? My clothes look a hell of a lot better too, which is an added bonus.

And I just can't believe it took me so long to go in and have myself professionally measured -- because now bra shopping will actually be enjoyable from here on out.

If you think you might be wearing the wrong size, odds are good that you probably are. What the heck are you waiting for? Go and get measured today -- and give your "girls" the respect and boost they deserve.

When was the last time you were fitted for a bra?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM

A long time ago and they fitted me wrong.  Tried to put me in a much smaller bra.

mom2bahandcch
by Queen of the World on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I hate them so I wear sports bras.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetmissy_05
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM

It's been ages...but I know what size I am due to what's comfortable and fits me.

Zawifey
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:40 PM

A year and a half ago. I had been wearing the wrong size for 2 years!

claireastle
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Can't wait till lil one born!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cupckae.ninja
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO they fitted me and told me i was  a 36ddd and i know thats a lie bc when i put it on it fell off, the bra im in now is a 34d and it fits perfectly

RutterMama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM

It's been probably a year & a half... I was still breast feeding at the time. Yeah, it's probably time.

1crazypregolady
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I've never been fitted. The one time I was I was pregnant and the person working didn't believe me that my number changed not just the cup size. (swollen glands/water weight-Hello?) Need to get refitted. DD finished nursing in may after 15 months and my old bras are too big. :-( He health is worth it tho!

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:48 AM
How do they measure you?

Quoting cupckae.ninja:

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO they fitted me and told me i was  a 36ddd and i know thats a lie bc when i put it on it fell off, the bra im in now is a 34d and it fits perfectly

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:56 AM

i got fitted probably about 10 yrs ago..and in *MY* opinion they were soooo wrong!! i remember the bra they gave me to try on, my boobs were drowning in it..and totally separated and pointed my boobs out in either direction..omg, it was awful! LOL  so now i just go by what fits right to me :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN