Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

SICK AND TIRED!!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my mother in law and sister in law, are pissing me off. My son wrote on his self and they were llike you shouldnt let him do that, okay i cant take it away from him while im using the bathroom and hes in another room, another thing, i doont think my sister in law likes him bc hell get on the table or chair and shell say go ahead fall i wont care. and she picks her dogs over him, hell be eating something and theyll try take it away from him, and shell yell at my son... what can i do to get them off my back..

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Keep them away from him.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I assume you live with them?

I wouldn't leave him unsupervised with them. Especially if the sil is treating the dogs better than him.

I'd also look into finding somewhere else to live.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Sounds like your child isn't very well disciplined.  He should not be drawing on himself and climbing onto furniture.  What do you do when you DO see these things?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I would have a good talk with them when son isn't around explaining they can either help enforce your rules by making him get down off furniture or taking away the things he is drawing with or they can be against you.  Are you living in the same household as them?

stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

wow that sucks you have some careless people in your family. do you live alone with your dh and ds, or with them too? its hard to get rid of your mil and sil, but you can speak up for yourself, and tell them that the way they behave with your ds, is not nice. Ask them why they act this way and see what they tell you. You got to confront them.

cupckae.ninja
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM

For your FYI, I do discipline my child!  and when i do see him doing it i get him off of it and tell him its bad and moomy doesnt like it and he listens.. i dont believe in hitting or popping or spanking a child

Quoting PEEK05:

Sounds like your child isn't very well disciplined.  He should not be drawing on himself and climbing onto furniture.  What do you do when you DO see these things?

cupckae.ninja
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:08 PM

its mostly the sister in law, that does it, and yes i do live with them, until my husband gets in the navy and im gonna see about living on base with him

PEEK05
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I didn't mention hitting, popping, or spanking at all...

Quoting cupckae.ninja:

For your FYI, I do discipline my child!  and when i do see him doing it i get him off of it and tell him its bad and moomy doesnt like it and he listens.. i dont believe in hitting or popping or spanking a child

Quoting PEEK05:

cupckae.ninja
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

i know i was just mentiong how i discipline..

Quoting PEEK05:

I didn't mention hitting, popping, or spanking at all...

Quoting cupckae.ninja:

Quoting PEEK05:

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Well, since you live with them you have to keep the peace. I would suggest a family meeting where you can talk about disipline for your son so that you are all on the same page. What is allowed, what is not allowed, time outs, warnings, etc. The last thing you want to do is get into a big conflict with them unless you have someplace else to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN