Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 weeks fetal doppler

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 25 Replies
We last went to the doctor on December 4th. Our next appointment isn't till the 25th of January. Tonight I decided to use our doppler and listen for baby. I heard baby at 8 weeks with it and doc heard it, and all was GREAT. Now at 15 almost 16 weeks I can't find a heart beat. I feel fine, tummy is growing. Should I be concerned? I spent 45 min looking for heart beat. Part of me is worried and part of me says baby is moving now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyofSCC
by Crystall on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I had a home fetal doppler and it never worked right for us  we spent so much time and found it once

RutterMama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I don't think I'd worry, those things are notoriously unreliable.

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I wouldn't worry since the home dopplers don't always work well.  If you're still worried, call your doctor.  

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I agree.

Quoting whoodathunk:

I wouldn't worry since the home dopplers don't always work well.  If you're still worried, call your doctor.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaddiesMama09
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Is it a high quality Doppler? Mine was expensive but worked great. If you got a cheaper one, it may just be that it's not very good. They really are hit and miss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoreleiSieja
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

You should NEVER worry... worry is bad for you and the baby.  You need to spend your time with loving, happy thoughts.  The baby is uniquely tied to you... he/she feels what you feels, eats what you eats, and is affected by it.  

If you are concerned, and you can't focus on anything else, go see your doctor.  Hear the heartbeat there, and then throw away your home doppler thingy as being unreliable.

Then, instead of listening to your baby's heartbeat, invest in good quality music.  Sit in a rocking chair and caress your baby through your belly.  Listen to Classical music.  Read to your baby.  Love your baby. Relax with your baby.  The music you listen to NOW can help your baby to sleep well after birth.  The loving feelings you share with your baby NOW can help you to have a healthier, happier newborn. If you feel worry and stress now, you may have a cranky, underweight baby.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I wouldn't worry.

Your baby is so tiny, and dopplers are not always that reliable.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Those things are very unreliable.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

caro100
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I would not worry, the baby is getting bigger, thicker, so it will be harder to find a heartbeat probably.  If you continue growing and the baby's moving, no problem.  Alot of time you need to know where to listen as well.  I am a nurse, but I used to work obstetrics as and aide and I assisted with  fetal doppler, got readings,  sometimes these home equipment just cause people to worry more..  Quite frankly, if there's no heartbeat, its too late anyway,  I would THROW that thing away, it's causing you anxiety which is much worse for you and the baby.

DaniandTom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Sweetie, you could be listening at the baby's butt for the heartbeat! Don't worry! I could NEVER find the heartbeat with any of my pregnancies! (total of 8) Relax and enjoy this wonderful time in your life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured