Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
We last went to the doctor on December 4th. Our next appointment isn't till the 25th of January. Tonight I decided to use our doppler and listen for baby. I heard baby at 8 weeks with it and doc heard it, and all was GREAT. Now at 15 almost 16 weeks I can't find a heart beat. I feel fine, tummy is growing. Should I be concerned? I spent 45 min looking for heart beat. Part of me is worried and part of me says baby is moving now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I wouldn't worry.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Why do you attempt to listen yourself??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I opted against one, I figured it would create unecessary worry if I couldn't find it. I am not trained to use the device, I left that to the doc. I could feel him moving all the time, so I didn't feel like I needed to use one. If there was any cause for concern, I could just go to my doctors office when they were open and he would fit me in, didn't even need to call ahead. My doc didn't even use the Doppler on me in his office until about 16 weeks or so. (I had an ultrasound at every appointment up until then due to early pregnancy complications) I've heard the home ones don't work very well and tend to just cause worry where there shouldn't be any. Plus I've heard the sound inside the womb is very loud to the baby, everytime the doc used it on me the baby went nuts. I wouldn't want to use that all the time for my own benefit.

LindaClement
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

It's unlikely you're pointing it in exactly the right direction --it takes a fair amount of training and you don't have a wide angle to work with.

monkeymom1104
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I worked with a midwife for 5 years. The Dopplers we use in clinic run on average 1200. To hear your little one at 8 weeks in the first place is pretty rare everything had to be in proper placement. I wouldn't worry, but that being said your going to anyway, give your provider a call, I did many nurse only visits to listen to baby..:) if its going to put your mind at ease I would recommend you do that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

keep us posted;-)

Swt7
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Stay calm.
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Could you post an update? How are you doing?

hugs

motherofjb
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Baby GIRL is doing great!! My doc said my doppler is a great one I'm just not good at finding her. I gave the doppler away!!! Lol. No more need to stress!!

Quoting suetoo:

Could you post an update? How are you doing?

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Not worth the money you spent on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)