Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I too demanding on our daycare provider?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 22 Replies

On frid dec 28, our daycare provider told us that she was going to be on vacation ad that her assistant was going to be in charge from tue 2 to frid 4as they only had 4 kids attending.

i saw no problem with that.

then this week, I we t on Monday and the owner of the daycare was not there.then the same today.

wouldnt it make sense to let parents know that she took a longer break?

am I overreacting?

i want to add that one day there was a truck parked outside in the driveway that was full og bottles of beer and other alcoholic drinks .the owner s 17 and 16 are gone too so it can nl b the caregiver

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
yes you are overreacting. you trusted the assistant with you kid last week how is this week any different?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cara124
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Did you ask where she was ?
edelweiss23
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Way over reacting.
She could have had a flight delayed, traffic troubles, car broken down, sick,
ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Quoting cara124:

I think it s her job to inform parents not ours to inquire and I was ok with her assistance taking over for 3 days but I'm not sure if I can tolerate it for longer.there is no report, no menu posted, candles being lit,tv on etc

njt320
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Glad i don't watch your kids lol

Quoting ballerossandra:

Quoting cara124:

I think it s her job to inform parents not ours to inquire and I was ok with her assistance taking over for 3 days but I'm not sure if I can tolerate it for longer.there is no report, no menu posted, candles being lit,tv on etc

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Quoting njt320:

Quoting ballerossandra:

Quoting cara124:

Are you saying you are ok with all that? With kids under 1 watching tv and candles on the edge of furniture?

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM
My tv is on doesn't mean my kids pay attention to it. If and when I light candels they are out of reach on the counter.

Quoting ballerossandra:

Quoting njt320:

Quoting ballerossandra:

Quoting cara124:

Are you saying you are ok with all that? With kids under 1 watching tv and candles on the edge of furniture?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Did you ask where the main caregiver was?  I would want to observe for a full day before i make any judgements.  Also try to call the main person if you have their number.  As parents we do need to check in with the other adults when they do not let us know.

RutterMama
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I wouldn't worry unless you had just cause.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Did you ask where the main caregiver was?  I would want to observe for a full day before i make any judgements.  Also try to call the main person if you have their number.  As parents we do need to check in with the other adults when they do not let us know.

The main person is the owner of the house, and main child care provider

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured