Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hcg diet...

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
Have any of you moms tried the hcg drops for weight loss? If so what is your experience with it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this

i've never heard of that.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
No. One of the worst things you can do. :(
Dqnana
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Gimmicks are just that ... gimmicks. That stuff is pricey and needs you "be used along with a program of exercise and watching the food you eat".  Translation ... go on a regular diet and exercise PLUS spend money for cockamamie drops.  Don't be fooled.  If you want to lose weight, eat half the portions that you eat now, have a big salad EVERY day and get off the sofa.  I am trying that now and it works!  It is that simple.

itsallabtthem84
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Is that the diet you can only have 400 calories a day? If so I personally wouldn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
That diet is awful.... what happen to healthy eating and exercise
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassybleau
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

A guy I work with did it and he lost 180lbs. 

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM
My cousin did it. Your not allowed dairy most of the time, no pop, no sugar, 500cal/day... they basically say you cannot exersize with it because your tired and not eating enough, you have to eat certain foods, and you need 8solid hours of sleep and like a gallon of water a day, no coffee. You also gain it back as soon as you start eating regular food ect. She also developed a serious medical problem from it that she will have forever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Scary think for the information..

Quoting lilmama8408:

My cousin did it. Your not allowed dairy most of the time, no pop, no sugar, 500cal/day... they basically say you cannot exersize with it because your tired and not eating enough, you have to eat certain foods, and you need 8solid hours of sleep and like a gallon of water a day, no coffee. You also gain it back as soon as you start eating regular food ect. She also developed a serious medical problem from it that she will have forever
agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I exercise at least 3 days a week, portion control is not my problem it's that I can go long periods of time without food then I when I eat it stores as fat because I trick my bodies metabolism into slowing down to a trickle due to it not getting fueled or so I've been told by the dr, the nutritionist, and my personal trainer. I also don't drink enough water or anything for that matter I am very bad at hydrating myself :( the food and water is something I am trying to work on but it is going to take time to get out of my old habits. I heard the hcg drops boost your metabolism while using your fat storage that's why I was wondering about it :)

Quoting Dqnana:

Gimmicks are just that ... gimmicks. That stuff is pricey and needs you "be used along with a program of exercise and watching the food you eat".  Translation ... go on a regular diet and exercise PLUS spend money for cockamamie drops.  Don't be fooled.  If you want to lose weight, eat half the portions that you eat now, have a big salad EVERY day and get off the sofa.  I am trying that now and it works!  It is that simple.

agrisham13mom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM
You eat around 500 calories of food input but then you are using the other 1500 calories or more from your stored fat.. Or so this dr says lol...

Quoting itsallabtthem84:

Is that the diet you can only have 400 calories a day? If so I personally wouldn't do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)