Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

So we all have food poisoning...

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 9 Replies

Any ideas how to get us better fast?  It hasn't been good so far.  My toddler is so brave, he's been great except right before he vomits he cries :(  It is so hard to watch him when my husband and I both want to curl up in a ball and die.  We don't have anyone who can help us either.  We've tried saltines and water.  No luck...

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momof6nokc
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Ice chips.

VERY small sips of water every 5-10 minutes.  Just a sip.

Other than that you just have to wait it out.

Make sure baby is getting ice chips or sips of water---he'll dehydrate faster than you and your husband.

Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

The baby can have pediolyte in very smal doses-or breastmilk-in very small doses-breastmilk from YOU wuld be ideal because you are making antibodies perhaps faster than he is.

Urine in under 12 hours for a small child-or go to the ER.

RLT2
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I had it last year, I felt like I was dying. Poor kid. I don't know if there is anything you can do, except keep him hydrated. It's hard because kids that age tend to not want to drink if they think it will make them puke. Just hang in there, it usually only lasts a couple of days.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Small everything. Only eat one cracker, one or two sips of water at a time. Wait about 15 to 20 minutes in between. Your body can't tolerate a lot at a time.
For the adults, ginger root can help calm the tummy.
If diahrrea is part of this too get some probiotics (safe for the toddler too, just open the capsule and put in some apple juice to sip)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

What do you mean with the last sentence?  Urine in under 12 hours for a small child?

Quoting Tea4Tas:

The baby can have pediolyte in very smal doses-or breastmilk-in very small doses-breastmilk from YOU wuld be ideal because you are making antibodies perhaps faster than he is.

Tea4Tas
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Quoting mmccrea:

What do you mean with the last sentence?  Urine in under 12 hours for a small child?

Quoting Tea4Tas:

A small chld who has no output of urine in 12 hours needs to be seen by a Dr.  Earlier for younger kids.

mmccrea
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Okay, thank you.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Quoting mmccrea:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

A small chld who has no output of urine in 12 hours needs to be seen by a Dr.  Earlier for younger kids.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I second this.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Dvegas
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Quoting mmccrea:

Quoting Tea4Tas:

I agree. When our little one was vomit ting the doctor told us to just let him take a few sips of pedialyte or breast milk every 10 minutes as the body absorbs more in small amounts. This will keep him from getting dehydrated. If you give too much when sick like that he will just continue to vomit and absorb nothing which will make him dehydrated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN