Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

? about have a 2nd baby shower

Posted by   + Show Post

if your son or daugheter was turning 2 yr old and then  you got prego again with oppsit  and you have Nurtural stuff for boy or girl would you have another baby shower?  i can understand for clothes..

reason why im asking bc my sil has a daughter and turning 2  .. sil  prego again and she  found out having a boy and all her stuff from her 1st baby shower is Nutural ... and shes having another BIG baby shower...  again just wondering... 

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I like this idea.

Quoting emilysmom8:

I dont like "baby showers" for a second kid, BUT they could have a "meet baby (enter name)" party after the baby is born..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I think it is super tacky when someone throws their own shower whether it is the first kid or the 10th. Generally speaking, showers for 2nd children don't bug me as long as someone other than the mom is throwing it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtoblueeyes
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
My friends are throwing me a gender party for my second. I'm not aloud to know the gender only my friends will know and they are gonna set up a surprise way of having us find out with a little party :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom3bc
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I had 3 baby shower for my kids 

luvemboth
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I think showers should be to celebrate the parents-to-be becoming parents, and that having more than 1 just looks greedy. A meet n greet after baby is born is nice, but to have a shower every time is like saying, "buy me all the stuff I'm going to need since I'm having a different gender this time."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirsch92
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:28 PM

i know alot of people who have 2 to 3 baby showers for just one kid. No one really minded because if you think about it instead of the mother to be stuck paying for tons of stuff all by herself you have each friend spend +$5 on something to help out it really takes some stress off the mommy to be or the mommy on round two or three

firstimepreg30
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

totally TACKY....  THis is a huge no no...   

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:45 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbeeck
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM

If it's all nutural why would you want to. I could see it being more for attention than anything. At showers of course the pregnant woman is center stage, maybe she misses that. Could be wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me when someone who has had one baby shower and is having another one for no reason other than that.

KartofflMuter
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I was 26,fresh out of college when my friends threw me my first shower. Six years later,and 5 moves later,I had a girl and a very small shower given by  4 or 5 ladies.  My third child was 9 years later and I'm glad a few neighbors gave me a shower.I was 40 by then. I deserved it. I'd been to everyone elses showers. We moved a lot,had no close or distant relatives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN