Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help living with a disrespectful step child!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Can you give some details? There is nothing in the body of your post.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Details are important.  None of us can read minds.

Miss-tearious
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Ditto

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

Can you give some details? There is nothing in the body of your post.

Miss-tearious
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You could also try posting in Stepmom Central. Be warned though, that if you are wrong the ladies in there won't be at all slow to jump right all over you. Some of the advice given there is helpful, sometimes the others in the group are downright mean and will attack. I speak from unfortunate experience.

savingtheworld
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha..so true..they are scarey

Quoting Miss-tearious:

You could also try posting in Stepmom Central. Be warned though, that if you are wrong the ladies in there won't be at all slow to jump right all over you. Some of the advice given there is helpful, sometimes the others in the group are downright mean and will attack. I speak from unfortunate experience.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Will the father back you up? Can you have a family meeting regarding rules and consequences?

momof6nokc
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Miss-tearious:

that group is the cesspool of CM.  Go to one of the helpful, constructive sites.  SMC is just a bunch of bitter BM's with an axe to grind.

**Just call me Stuart**

plajen
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Sorry ladies I don't know how to use this site.  She is 15 and lives with us.  Her mom is a loser!  Can't hold a job, can't pay child support, has never had her own place to live and has a drinking and drug problem.  Yet my step daughter thinks she is the greatest thing and believes everything she says.  Therefore will not even give our relationship a chance.  THe step lies, is manipulative, lazy but beyond normal teenager stuff...do you still want more details?

momof6nokc
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/290

Go to the above group---it's for step parents.  Give some details and specifics and you will get some advice.

DO NOT go to Stepmom Central.  That place is a disaster.

**Just call me Stuart**

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I can see why you're frustrated! Will your husband help you? Can you just try to back off and let him discipline her?  Try not to critisize her birthmom, just model good behavior and be patient, the teenage years are very difficult for blended families, but it gets better. Sounds like her mom never grew up.

Quoting plajen:

Sorry ladies I don't know how to use this site.  She is 15 and lives with us.  Her mom is a loser!  Can't hold a job, can't pay child support, has never had her own place to live and has a drinking and drug problem.  Yet my step daughter thinks she is the greatest thing and believes everything she says.  Therefore will not even give our relationship a chance.  THe step lies, is manipulative, lazy but beyond normal teenager stuff...do you still want more details?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN