Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just found out Monday I had preeclampsia and I am 33 weeks pregnant. I had it with my first pregnancy but didn't find out about iut till they said I needed to be induced asap, so I never got to learn what it was about. Well Monday my doctor said he needed to see me in one week cuz if he waited two weeks something could happen and he would feel bad, he never gave me any information on what it is or what it effects. anyone ever have it that they could clue me in?
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (11-12):
UpSheRises
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I had it. It's super high blood pressure. Too high. Your heart is going crazy helping your body build a baby to the detriment of your internal organs.

If it gets too high things start malfunctioning. You lose vision, you're all swelled up, and damage to your internal organs causes you to spill proteins into your urine. You could seize up and potentially die. 

The good news is that it doesn't hurt your baby. LO has only lived in that high stress environment so it's not a problem for his body in the same way it is for yours.

Do you have a blood pressure cuff? You can get one at any drugstore for like $30.

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I think you could have seizures if it gets out of control.  Make sure you listen to your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured