Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody collect the holiday babies each year? Will they ever be worth anything?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 2 Replies

My MIL has bought my daughter a holiday Barbie every year since 2005 when she was born. We have these put away in the boxes for when my daughter gets older. I made the comment that my daughter didn't need any more babies so she didn't buy one this year. I meant babies to be played with. Will these be worth anything one day? Should I buy her one for 2012?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I don't think they're ALL worth something but rather that those with rare dresses or imperfections or things are worth something new in the box. Honestly, though, things like that are generally worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for them, and there's a TON of them on eBay going for all sorts of values.

emilyelephant
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I bought my daughter the 2012 one because it's her birth year, but I'm not sure if I'll buy one every year, and probably won't sell it.  As pp said, there are a lot of different values on ebay. Most over $100 are from before 1990, so you'd have to keep them for quite a while. We bought ours at walmart, and they only carried the white, blonde version.  So that'll probably be the one with least value, but the AA and brunette versions may eventually be worth more, unless the selection is different in different areas...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured