Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I havent a clue what to do.

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
So, I have a small predicament. I am a mother of 4 children. They are 12, 8, 5, and 1. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and have preeclampsia. My husband works a lot to provide for our big ole family, so is not at home as much as I'd like to help me.

Anyway, my issue at the moment. My aunt has a daughter that is 10 years old. My aunt called the other week saying that no one ever asks her daughter to spend the night not friends from school or family. Then asked if one day she could stay at my house. Issue? She had head lice a little over a week ago and I've been told my aunt has only been treating her daughters head and nothing in the house. Plus she has a bladder problem and always pees on my couch and my kids beds or floor. And it always stresses me out. With having 4 kids and preeclampsia Idk if its such a good idea for her to be here.(especially if there is a chance of lice) But now apparently she has it in her head that she is supposed to be staying over tomorrow night. Asking when I am coming to pick her up. I am not really a confrontational person and I definitely hate hurting peoples feelings. What should I do? I am at a loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:53 PM

tell her no.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Tell her that the children have the flu if you want to lie about it.  I do not think it is fair to push off the child on other family members especially when they are going through a high risk pregnancy.  If she does end up coming over, put a few towels under her whereever she sleeps so that if there is an accident easy clean up.  Also have her help clean up any messes.

IWantLotsOfKids
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I also should add that my aunt will be making a huge deal out of it if I back out. She will tell everyone I dislike her daughter and all her daughter wants is to be accepted. Then most likely have a pity party on Facebook. That's her thing. Everyone is out to get her and she does no wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowiscold
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

tell her no.

I agree with this.  The last thing you need is a lice outbreak at your home.  If it was my cousin, I would tell her that now is not a good time for her to have a get together with your family.  Assure her that you love her and that she can spend the night at a later time. 

snowiscold
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Quoting IWantLotsOfKids:

I also should add that my aunt will be making a huge deal out of it if I back out. She will tell everyone I dislike her daughter and all her daughter wants is to be accepted. Then most likely have a pity party on Facebook. That's her thing. Everyone is out to get her and she does no wrong.

That's when you respond to her facebook posting and tell her you love her daughter very much and that she'll be welcome to spend the night at a later date. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured