Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mammogram result

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

I got a letter from the imaging center stating that my results  show the need for further evaluation and they want to obtain previous studies for comparison.

what the heck does that mean?

i told them that I think I did have one mammogram in the past but I didn't remember when or where.

it was a routine exam as I turned 40.it was not requested because of any indication that I needed a mammogram .

what does this mean?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xoxRachelxox
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Maybe they just couldn't see well, or they saw something and want to have something else to compare it to? I don't really know. Sorry. I hope everything is okay though.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
They want to compare it with previous images to see if anything has changed in density. They saw something irregular but that happens all the time so I wouldn't panic at this point. You should hear from your dr soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
first.time.momy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 8:26 PM
This! That happened to my mom. But it was nothing because whatever they saw has been there in every mamogram but never changed. Good luck!

Quoting stepconfused182:

They want to compare it with previous images to see if anything has changed in density. They saw something irregular but that happens all the time so I wouldn't panic at this point. You should hear from your dr soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KPBMom
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I just got a call back too.  The scheduler said not to worry, but that she would also schedule an ultrasound "just in case" and the doctor would be on hand to read the results immediately.  I'm trying not to panic.

How are you holding up?  What happened?

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Calcification s and they want me to have a mammogram in 6 months or before if I get too nnervous .

good luck

Quoting KPBMom:

I just got a call back too.  The scheduler said not to worry, but that she would also schedule an ultrasound "just in case" and the doctor would be on hand to read the results immediately.  I'm trying not to panic.

How are you holding up?  What happened?

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:07 AM
It means what it says? Have you called to make an appt?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured