Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Candy melts? Edit #2

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 43 Replies

Have you used these? What for?

I am doing a Minnie Mouse bday for my daughter (2nd bday) & I was gonna buy the minnie mouse mold & Candy melts to make suckers. Not gonna get fancy with colors on the suckers but, How easy is it to add color?

Thanks!!!! <3

Edit #2:::: I ended up buying this one

and i may end up buying just the head of her :) But they only one i can find says Mickey on it. Why would they put Mickey on Minnie? Anyone know? If all else fails with this one, I will just do her in all pink and do a red bow or vice versa :) Either way, It will be cute! Today i did some stars & hearts, I am in love! <3 I could do this allday everyday :)

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weirdkids
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:26 PM

you can actually get melts in almost any color and thats your best bet honestly. they sell squeeze bottles to melt in as well that way you can inject the colors into the parts of the mold that you need to neatly. dificulty wise? mu dd has been making candies with them since she was 3 she now 8

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM

How do u do it tho? Put one color in, Let it hardened then do other colors?

Quoting weirdkids:

you can actually get melts in almost any color and thats your best bet honestly. they sell squeeze bottles to melt in as well that way you can inject the colors into the parts of the mold that you need to neatly. dificulty wise? mu dd has been making candies with them since she was 3 she now 8

weirdkids
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

you dont have to wait. you can put the colord melts on top of eachother. unless you physically mix them yourself, they wont blend. like say you are making snowmen candies. you can put the black in for the eyes mouth and buttons, orange for carrot nose, red for a scarf then cover it all in white and it wont blend.

How do u do it tho? Put one color in, Let it hardened then do other colors?

Quoting weirdkids:

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM

so put the white on top of the colors? do i wait for the colors to harden? and this can all be done by just buying a few bottles to help seperate colors? are those Candy melts that good?

christababy
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM

The Candy melts harden pretty quickly.  Just remember to wash out the tips of the bottles before it hardens and clogs it.

Quoting Jerods_Wifey18:

so put the white on top of the colors? do i wait for the colors to harden? and this can all be done by just buying a few bottles to help seperate colors? are those Candy melts that good?

"There are two kinds of people in this world, and I dont like them." - Grumpy Cat

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Ok, Are the accesories to this sold @ Walmart? What exactly am i looking for? Are the bottles by the Candy Melts? Do you use the Candy Melts?

Quoting christababy:

The Candy melts harden pretty quickly.  Just remember to wash out the tips of the bottles before it hardens and clogs it.

Quoting Jerods_Wifey18:

christababy
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

They sell the bottles almost anywhere, but yes, I did see them at Walmart the other day actually.  It's by Wilton.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310280-475A-BAC0-5E93DEB3041892C7

I use Candy Melts to make cake pops.

"There are two kinds of people in this world, and I dont like them." - Grumpy Cat

busymom64064
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I would use the colored candy melts that christababy is suggesting. Otherwise, if you use just plain white almond bark and add food coloring......it will mess the melted almond bark up and make it hard and impossible to warm back up to the consistency you would need. I guess you could say that they "chemicals" don't mix together. I've tried it way too many times lol...........I keep doing it and keep forgetting

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Awesome!!! I may just do a solid color though. I am afraid i would mess the colors up

Quoting christababy:

They sell the bottles almost anywhere, but yes, I did see them at Walmart the other day actually.  It's by Wilton.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E310280-475A-BAC0-5E93DEB3041892C7

I use Candy Melts to make cake pops.

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I'm definitely going with Candy Melts prolly multi color also. Idk how hard Minnie would be though. Pretty detailed?

Quoting busymom64064:

I would use the colored candy melts that christababy is suggesting. Otherwise, if you use just plain white almond bark and add food coloring......it will mess the melted almond bark up and make it hard and impossible to warm back up to the consistency you would need. I guess you could say that they "chemicals" don't mix together. I've tried it way too many times lol...........I keep doing it and keep forgetting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured