Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Diaper Rash

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son has a diaper rash and has had it for a month. I talked to the doctor about it at his 2 month check and she said it looked fine just to put diaper rash ortiment on it so I did. It just kept getting worse so I switched to using a wet paper towel to clean his butt and it's still there but it's not as bad. Should I be worried? I am going in for his 4 month check up so if it's still there by then I will be talking to the doctor about it.

When I was a baby I did have a diaper rash as well and when my mom used wet paper towels with me it went away.

I use different kinds of diapers. All disposable ones. I've used pampers, huggies, and parents choice. We pretty much choose whatever brand of diapers is the cheapest.

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bpryce
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Allow your baby to go naked as much as possible. If diaper rash cream isnt working try hydrocortisone cream.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM

What kind of diapers are you using?  My kids were all allergic to something in Luvs & some of the store brands.  If you're using cloth diapers it could be an issue with the soap you're using to wash them.  Also could be something in the baby soap that you're using that he's sensitive to.

Instead of A&D or baby rash ointment, you might try aquafor ointment and see if that helps.

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

My son has a diaper rash and has had it for a month. I talked to the doctor about it at his 2 month check and she said it looked fine just to put diaper rash ortiment on it so I did. It just kept getting worse so I switched to using a wet paper towel to clean his butt and it's still there but it's not as bad. Should I be worried? I am going in for his 4 month check up so if it's still there by then I will be talking to the doctor about it.

When I was a baby I did have a diaper rash as well and when my mom used wet paper towels with me it went away.

AleaKat
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Change diaper brand maybe.

We used the color change when wet pull ups once and our little man broke out do bad! We thought it was diaper rash but it got do bad in spots it would bleed.
We changed out of those pull ups and he got better he was allergic to the dye.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM

What kind of diapers do you use? Maybe try switching brands.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

We use different kinds. Pampers, huggies, parents choice. Whatever brand happens to be cheapest.

Quoting aurora.dove:

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Have you noticed any difference in the rash with different diapers? Is it better with some or worse with others? Sometimes babies can have allergies to certain types of diapers, and some of them have scnets. Anything scented you probably want to stay away from, it's not good for their sensitive skin.

Quoting NoahsMommy10412:

We use different kinds. Pampers, huggies, parents choice. Whatever brand happens to be cheapest.

Quoting aurora.dove:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN