Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What to do with the boys?

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay ladies- I have 5 kids ages 16 down to 3. The older 3 (a boy & 2 girls) will be gone for Martin Luther King weekend with the youth group at church for winter camp. 

This leaves me with the younger 2, both boys, ages 9 & 3 for 2 whole days. Saturday is when the older ones leave. Sunday we always go to church. And Monday I have to work 8-5. 

My parents have offered to take the boys for a few hours so I can have some time to myself (like I would know what to do LOL). But I need ideas on what to do with the boys other than sit around the house & watch movies all weekend.

IDEAS?

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM
the mall, a museum, a science center type deal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Take them to the mall or to chuckie cheese:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

swimming!!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM

What do you do with them on non holiday weekends?   I would go to a fun place that they would like.  Science centers are usually a hit with boys.

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM

On non holiday weekends all 5 kids are home & therefore not much we can do that they will all enjoy without spending money. It's really not even about the holiday- it's about the fact that I haven't been with just 2 kids since... well since #2 was born! LOL

Quoting frndlyfn:

What do you do with them on non holiday weekends?   I would go to a fun place that they would like.  Science centers are usually a hit with boys.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Yeah that is probably going to be weird for you.  The noise level will be lower and everything.  If you are feeling really creative, set up an obstacle course in the house for them to compete in.

Quoting CampClan:

On non holiday weekends all 5 kids are home & therefore not much we can do that they will all enjoy without spending money. It's really not even about the holiday- it's about the fact that I haven't been with just 2 kids since... well since #2 was born! LOL

Quoting frndlyfn:

RutterMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Bump for ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)