Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

living with the in-laws

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

ok so i been married a year and a half and we still live with his parents that dont really bother me but what does is i am the mother of alexis and i cant take care of her its hurting me bad but i dont just wanna take her back because my mother in-law has had alexis scene she was born i dont know what to do HELP

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlelambe2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:10 AM

What?

AMR320
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Why would your MIL have your kid? And if you all live together I am really confused on what you mean about taking her away!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatiePies
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:15 AM

my mother in law has been taking care of my daughter ever scene we brought her home and i want to take care of her but it causes a fight with me and my husband and it feels like she dont like me

KatiePies
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM

my husband and i live upstairs and my daughter sleeps down stairs with her..she feeds her and baths her and all that and she has her cuz at first i thought she was just trying to help and i felt bad for her cause she couldnt have any kids so i let her help and now she has takin over

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

YOu need to claim your child back to heck with her feelings.  You should have been doing all the things MIL is doing from the start unless you were physically unable to.  She can still bond with the child doing grandmother things not mother things.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM
How old are you? Move out. You should have made boundries day one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yellowlily333
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM

There would never be a day, anyone would be more of a parent than me to my own child. Take iniative, if your daughter needs a bath give her one. If it is breakfast time, make breakfast. She is your kid, you do the work. Also, ya'all need to move out. It is nice your in-laws have let you stay there, but it has been a year and a half. You should of saved enough, or found good enough jobs to support yourselves by now. Good luck!

Malley
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Move her crib upstairs with you and you take care of her. Why did MIL start doing everything in the first place?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I don't understand why your dh is resistant to you being the "mum" and not his mum. I would not let this go on for another day.

Initially, why did you let your Mil take over?

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I don't understand how you gave over mothering duties and privileges to your MIL over your child. I could never do that. If I did I'd demand them back immediately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)