Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

really sick baby

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 5 Replies
my dd is 11 months and has a tummy bug, i took her to the er last night and they gave her zofran and they gave me some to take home, its working wonders but shes still throwing up every 8 hrs or so and now she has diarea, im worried about dehydration, what can i do tl make sure that doesnt happen? ive been giving pedialyte
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sarahsmommy508
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM
but she only takes about 3 5 ml syreges.at a time, advice please? thanks!
sarahsmommy508
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:45 AM
bump
mlkmom03
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My 6 year old dd just got over the stomach flu. It hit her hard and lasted around 27 hours.

I think you are doing the right thing by giving her pedialite....do it every 15 minutes so she is getting a steady intake of those electrolites.

If you notice signs of dehydration.....dry lips, pasty mouth, clammy skin, decrease in wet diapers, etc, you may need to return to the ER. Dehydration is very serious in a little one, and can have dramatic effects on the kidneys, as well as the entire body system.

Listen to your gut. If something isn't "right" take her in. Our mommy radar is generally very accurate.

How is she doing now??

icn_mom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Since the vomiting is only every eight hours, she is deffinatly keeping fluids in that she had the previous hours. Just keep up with the pedialite and zofran! <3

sarahsmommy508
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:28 AM
shes doing ok now, just really clingy

Quoting mlkmom03:

My 6 year old dd just got over the stomach flu. It hit her hard and lasted around 27 hours.

I think you are doing the right thing by giving her pedialite....do it every 15 minutes so she is getting a steady intake of those electrolites.

If you notice signs of dehydration.....dry lips, pasty mouth, clammy skin, decrease in wet diapers, etc, you may need to return to the ER. Dehydration is very serious in a little one, and can have dramatic effects on the kidneys, as well as the entire body system.

Listen to your gut. If something isn't "right" take her in. Our mommy radar is generally very accurate.

How is she doing now??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN