Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

HELP ~ my son has very dry skin!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:13 AM
  • 28 Replies

For the last month i have been trying to cure my 3 month old sons dry skin. I have taken him to his doctor and they don't really give me any good advice that I haven't tried before!

Things I have tried are : aquaphor,cetaphil, uecerin ,aveeno for exzema,coconut oil and I have even switched his soaps to Aveeno moisturizing baby wash...

Ok so i am jumping through hoops! I am wondering if maybe he is allergic to something...

He is mainly broke out on his cheeks, it gets so bad it is actually causeing scabs and it just stays really red and irritated. I don't want to look like I am abusing my child...when in fact he is spoiled!

I get enough bad looks just for being gothic, can someone please help my boy?

-thanks 

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Cetafil baths with no water half the time. Did you use the thick eucerin creme? Sounds like he has excema.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chasesmum3109
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Have you tried coco butter, the body butter? This has helped me so much because I get dry patches and it actually helped.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chasesmum3109
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:39 AM
cortisone q10 also helps I used that on my sons cradle cap and it was gone within like four days.
Bleacheddecay
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Oatmeal baths can help.

Also olive oil.

frzmamaof4
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I've used Aquafor, Aveeno Oatmeal Baths and lotion for my childrens' dry skin. I get dry skin during the winter and I use baby oil and cocoa butter lotion as well. Good luck mama:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sbell719
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Use plain old chapstick on his cheeks...it will help to protect them. It sounds like you have tried too many products and not given them time to work. Cerave is a great moisturizer.
TylersMom999
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Try almond oil...it is very moisurizing and once the skin absorbs it -it wont leave a greasy feeling....you can get it at most health food stores.

I have very sensitive skin and breakouts & this oil helps my dry skin.

Javi05Eli07
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM

My 7 year old has ichthyosis, which is very dry skin that does not shed properly.  We mix 1 ounce of glycerine in with 6 ounces of a non-fragranced lotion.  Then we cover that with either Vaseline or aquaphor.  Applying it right after bathing will let help lock even more moisture in.  It may take a few times to really get the skin soft, but it does work.  An alternative that you can try is instead of lotion to use olive oil.

RutterMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I tink there are some awesome suggestions here.

starr377
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM

try cornhuskers lotion. i use it myself and on my daughter, 6yrs, it works great. you have alot of good suggestions. when you try something different try to stick with it for at least seven days to give it time to see if it'll work before changing to something else. i would also have him tested for exzema too. or just try exzemaderm lotion anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)