Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Time for a big girl bed?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

So baby girl is going to be a year and half on the 13th, and forthe past few weeks shes been sleeping in our bed, only for naps and sometimes at night just until we go to bed, then I move her into her crib, and 90%of the time she will get up in the midde of thenight and as soonas I get her out of the crib she runs out to the livingroom gets one the couch and passes out again.
I'm thinking that shes feeling too confined in her crib, she tosses and turns in it, when shes in our bed she sleeps right in the middle and hardly moves. And she looks so much more comfortable. I guess what my quesions is, could she be ready for a big girl bed??? We have three extra beds, each one is a full size, so she would have plenty of room to move around if she contiued to toss and turn, and we would put one side up against the wall and the railing on the other side with blankets on the floor just incase she rolled off the bottom.
And how can I convicer her daddy that she could be ready??? Hes so scared of her growing up and everytime I bring it up he says shes not ready yet

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:46 PM

You can set it up in her bedroom along side of the crib.  It sounds like she is ready if she is climbing out of her crib.  DD was in a pack n play for a long time but she was fine with that.  Then we went to toddler bed .  We should have gone to the twin bed we have instead.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Just do it. Mine were in a cradle in our room 6 weeks, then off to their room in a crib. Great sleepers too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Perfect age for it!!! Then they aren't old enough to realize they can get out of bed and screw around!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mandi812
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM

This is why when I got a baby bed I got the 3 in 1, that turns in to a toddLer bed.

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM

shes been sleeping in our bed, only for naps and sometimes at night just until we go to bed, then I move her into her crib, and 90%of the time she will get up in the midde of thenight and as soonas I get her out of the crib she runs out to the livingroom

One: Don't put her in your bed.  Make a bed time ritual, then  put her in HER bed.  TWO:When she wakes up in the middle of the night DO NOT TAKE HER OUT OF HER CRIB.  Her tantrum is not about the size of the bed, it's about controlling YOU.  She'll kick up a fuss in any bed--as long as she doesn't wan to be in it!

mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM

we moved my daughter out of her bed at 13 months it wasnt cause didnt want to be in her crib i just thought it was time to get her out of it, but her biodad didnt have a bed at his house for her but i MADE him trach the crib so he removed one side and reenforced the bottom and other sides so it stayed sturdy she is now in a toddler bed here no rails and a twin at his place no rails fully potty trained day and night and she sleeps threw the night takes naps in her own bed and thats cause she has grown up with the confindence of having a BED of her own and im glad plus made potty training a lot easier cause she was able to get up on her own and go. and still does shes not even three yet!!! i wanna move her to a twin bed cause we have another little girl on the way but hubby says no cause he also doesnt want her to grow up to fast but i think the soone the better if they can walk and climb on and off couches or other beds they are ready for beds and not cribs plus i loved cause shed come wake me up instead of me getting out of bed shed come cuddle still does infact!!! i didnt ask my husband i had someone bring over a toddler bed and one day while he was at work i switched them out and he was like well lets hope this is a good idea lol it was the best idea EVER!!!!

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM

i put my daughter in a twin size bed at a year.  it worked out perfect!  one side was against the wall, the other side had the rail..although she never rolled around or anything.  in MY opinion doing the transition at a younger age is easier than waiting til they are older and more "rambunctious" .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)