Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanna puke but can't. Headache too

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM
  • 4 Replies

I have work to do tomorrow, but I'm sick! Saturday morning, I started having some slight nausea. By 4 pm that day, I had a rolling stomach and I was burping a lot. I felt like I was going to throw up. I have already have the stomach flu twice this year. I just got over a stomach flu right after Christmas. I didn't think you could get the same virus twice. . .

No one else seems to be sick. I have been able to eat a little but I regret it later. I haven't thrown up yet, but I've been very close. It's been well past 24 hours since I've been sick. Now I have a splitting headache that isn't helping the nausea at all. I have taken pain killers (Ibuprofen and Tylenol) but it's not doing any good.

I also have hot and cold flashes. I want to kick it tonight so I can work tomorrow. What can I do to relieve these symptoms?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

put an icepack on your head!!  have some caffeine.  an icepack and a coke usually does it for me. sucks tho..hope ya feel better!!!  oooh and sometimes after ya puke ya feel better...

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM

It sounds like you have actual flu now rather than just a stomach bug.  Did you try any heart burn meds for the rolling stomach?  There are several stomach viruses right now going around.

Celtic_Dragon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I have chronic heartburn. I took one of my Nexiums. Today, my stomach is still precarious. My headache isn't as bad but I'm afraid it'll come back if I move around too much. I "pee" poop. My stomach is making some really weird growly noises.

Quoting frndlyfn:

It sounds like you have actual flu now rather than just a stomach bug.  Did you try any heart burn meds for the rolling stomach?  There are several stomach viruses right now going around.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM

It sounds like another stomach virus, or a repeat of the ones you already had.  Try to not get dehydrated- that makes you feel so sick.  I sip very cold, iced regular ginger ale when I have stomach problems.  Chilled diluted gatorade is also helpful. Since you have the headache and you want to try to return to work, go to (or at least call) your doctor or go to an urgent care center.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)