Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Poll

Question: playroom?

Options:

No don't have one just use storage boxes and keep them in sitting room

change dining room into playroom

change the office into playroom

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

ok I know we dont have many toys but I am considering making a room into a playroom

downstairs we have sitting - room which goes into the dining room which goes into the kitchen!

i am thinking about changing the dining room into the playroom 

or change the office which is upstairs into the playroom but thats annoing! 

what would you do?

my son is 11 months on 17th. we dont use the dining room except on occasions (and we dont use the office)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM
My daughter has a corner of our living room for some toys. I rotate through what is there. Other than that they are up in her bedroom.
mmeredith
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:48 PM

He's young I would just keep his bedroom as a toy room. We just moved our dds into 1 room (they are 5&6). So one room would be a toy room. They never even play in there but I'm not moving all their stuff around again and they like sleeping in the same room and have less nightmares.

mcovey
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I would just use a corner in the sitting room and that way you will be able to watch him

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Our playroom is the former office.

UpSheRises
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I would change which ever room is closest to the epicenter of the house. Otherwise you children will drag the toys to where ever everyone is anyway and you'll be constantly asking them not to or be lugging them around yourself.

Based on what you posted it sounds like the dining room is the best option.

LoveMommyhood12
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I didn't vote - because you know your house way better than I do!! My vote is for a playroom - wherever it's located. I have a 15 month old. We spend the majority of our time downstairs and needed a place for him to play. We ended up turning our formal living room (which is the room all our guests walk into upon entering our house) into his play area. We have a couch on one side - and his play area on the other. It may seem unusual to some - but it is great! We love it, he loves it, and it keeps the toys from being spread out all over the house.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Dining room.  OUr children's bedroom is where their toys are.  Oldest is allowed to bring some into the living room or kitchen.  Before bed though they have to be taken back to his room.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AleaKat
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM
I wouldn't . God be constantly cleaning that room cause if the flow of traffic through that area.
I'd use the office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GodsAmiga
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Hmm...if it were me I'd put the playroom upstairs in the office and just keep maybe a small bin of toys downstairs. But at the same time it would depend as well on the layout. I don't know if I'm picturing it the same as it is in real life. :-)

Miss-tearious
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:22 PM

What if you made the change anyways? It's not like it is permanent... Maybe try each room out for a few months before painting walls or anything though. But I would definitely consider the office before the dining room.

Quoting kirbyland10:

not sure but i just dont want to do it and it be a mistake

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)