Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Poll

Question: playroom?

Options:

No don't have one just use storage boxes and keep them in sitting room

change dining room into playroom

change the office into playroom

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

ok I know we dont have many toys but I am considering making a room into a playroom

downstairs we have sitting - room which goes into the dining room which goes into the kitchen!

i am thinking about changing the dining room into the playroom 

or change the office which is upstairs into the playroom but thats annoing! 

what would you do?

my son is 11 months on 17th. we dont use the dining room except on occasions (and we dont use the office)

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Replies (21-29):
spotsmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If you don't use the office then turn that into the playroom. Why would that be annoying? We turned the office we had upstairs into the playroom, and converted the downstaris sitting room into the office. I don't like playrooms downstairs because most of the rooms are open and a child's playroom usually doesn't blend into the rest of the home...it winds up looking very tacky. I LOVE having a playroom, it keeps all of the toys out of the rest of the house, everything has a place, and the kids love having their own space. 

MeghMirab
by Meghan on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Whichever room you decide on A ROOM for a play enviornment is amazing! Especially one you can CLOSE THE DOOR when it's not in use or a mess and you don't feel like cleaning right away. (: It's nice for them to have a place to go that has all their toys, or most. I'm obsessed with organization, Pinterest is my BFF for ideas for our playroom. (: 

tntmomof2
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Our playroom is a separate room with a door. I wouldn't turn the dining room into a playroom. The toys are going to spill out into the Rest of the house. 

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM

while he's still young i would do it in the dining room..when hes a lil older upstairs would be better

SciFiMama91
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Our dining room is my 4yo's playroom/discovery room. It works really well for us but if we had another option I'd likely use that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jstoddard98
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:27 AM

I would say make the dining room into a playroom- you will def want the playroom downstairs. You can always switch it back if you need to. 

emmy526
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:57 AM

use a play pen and ditch the playroom idea until the child is older

Bwebb
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM

He won't play upstiars unless you're with him. The dining room makes sense since he's going to want to play close to where you are.  My kids have the whole basement, but if I am in the kitchen, they bring their toys up and play in the living room!!

kirbyland10
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM

thanks everyone! i decided to make the dining room into a playroom but also as a dining room! we going to get some storage (shelves) so we can put the toys away when we use it as a dining room. 

we might change it so the playroom is upstairs when hes older but at the moment while hes 1 (well next month be 1) he should be where i am mainly and thats downstairs and I didnt like the idea of having the toys in a corner in the sitting room till he will use the playroom upstairs.... 

thanks again for the votes and comments

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)