Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help with 6 year old to sleep by himself

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 6 and i can not get him to sleep in his bed by himself. I'm looking for advice and experiences from other moms. Thanks in advance.

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
confused632
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM
We had to lay with our son until he fell asleep and if he got up we would have to do it again. But usually he would sleep all night once he went down..
It is tough at first be he will get it. Good Luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I would just make sure he knows you are in the next room. We put a radio with classical music in my daughter's room. That seems to help her sleep better. She also picked out her own night light. 

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hi there.

When my oldest was that age he would sneak into my bed because of "bad dreams".  So instead I had him start bringing a sleeping bag and let him sleep on the floor.  He did that 2-3 times and didn't like it and just started sleeping in his own bed.

Quoting candacemaria:

My son is 6 and i can not get him to sleep in his bed by himself. I'm looking for advice and experiences from other moms. Thanks in advance.

candacemaria
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Thanks ladies for all the good advice. I'll give it a try!

Reina13
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Whatever method you decide on just make sure you are consistant with it. He will get it if he knows you are going to follow through.

Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)