Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant and Jeans Queation

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 18 Replies
I'm 16.5 weeks pregnant. My jeans still fit but and getting snug and every time I sit down I get a horrible stomach ache. I wear jeans daily. I don't own sweats and don't want to invest in maternity. Could the jeans be causing my discomfort or should I talk to my doctor? I haven't really noticed it with pajamas on but haven't had the chance to just sit. I normally change and go to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StacyO722
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Probably. Go invest in some maternity jeans.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Yes, it's not okay to wear them if they hurt your belly. You can get maternity jeans second hand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I agree with others.  get 2 pairs of maternity jeans in your size that have the bands on top to accomodate the belly.  They are helpful for post partum as well so that nothing is too tight on that area whether you have a c-section or vaginal birth.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Invest in some maternity jeans.  I bought 3 pairs and they lasted my entire pregnancy.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

mamalusbear
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:22 PM

you could get a belly band, or I just use the old rubber band through the buttonhole trick.

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
You will NOT be able to go your entire pregnancy without getting maternity jeans, if jeans are what you wear. Yes, the ache is from your jeans cutting into your abdomen and, yes, it is only going to get worse. Maternity jeans with the elastic that goes UNDER your belly might be a bit more expensive but will last from now until 40 wks through to postpartum.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I used a hair tie instead of a rubber band, lol

Quoting mamalusbear:

you could get a belly band, or I just use the old rubber band through the buttonhole trick.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilana_ny
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I bougth my maternity jeans fron Kohl's. i found bunch of coupons, the cost me around $10-$15

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM

My jeans did that real bad with my first pregnancy. I had to stop wearing them and find pants with no buttons (like slacks or yes maternity...or super cute skirts). I stopped wearing jeans at 12 weeks with the first. With my second jeans didn't bother me much until later, but eventually they did. I stopped wearing them at 17 weeks or so. 

heathermarie23
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM

leggings and lounge pants are my best friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)