Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

macaroni noodles

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 11 Replies
What can i do with them besides Mac and cheese
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Use it with spaghetti sauce instead of the long spaghetti noodles.  Put butter, salt, and pepper on them.  Put butter and parmesan cheese on them.  You can use it in just about anything that calls for pasta.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Anything you want just like the other pasta shapes.

anotherandree
by Inga on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Crafts. Necklaces? Or were you looking more for the food variety? If, macaroni salad?
mommyinthe303
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
More like food :-)
2under5.mom
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Throw some butter and salt on them
We use to eat that alot.when i was a kid.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

ETA    it is harder to make lasagna with elbow macaroni pasta nor can you do stuffed pasta with it LOL..   Soups, salads, simple side dishes all work though.

stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:28 PM

My mom makes a delicious macaroni salad, and there are also many types of macaroni salads. If you want to jaz up macaroni and cheese you can cook up some hamburger and add it in, or hot dogs lol. You could do like tuna, hamburger or chicken and noodles, all of which you can use condensed soups to make the sauces, I do that (but with egg noodles usually) and make a different sauce for each type of meat. For tuna I take cream of celery and mix in half a can of milk, some pepper, maybe some onion and garlic powder etc. For chicken I usually use either cream of celery or cream of chicken. For hamburger I'd use cream of mushroom.

You can make a form of chili spaghetti, like spaghetti sauce, hamburger, and a variety of beans (like kidney etc) and add seasonings. So many choices really. You can use it for any noodle dish that normally would take angel hair, spaghetti, or egg noodles. You might want to look at recipes.com or something for more ideas.

SweetPea2004
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting frndlyfn:

ETA    it is harder to make lasagna with elbow macaroni pasta nor can you do stuffed pasta with it LOL..   Soups, salads, simple side dishes all work though.

No but you can't make a homemade lasagna hamburger helper with it

CafeMom Tickers
Nosilla0804
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

put them in soup

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I like them with chili, my mom, in fact, always added them to her chili.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)