Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i wrong for feeling like bio son is betraying us?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 27 Replies

My bio son 18 still in school goes and hangs out at my husbands mother of his childrens house.I have a ss18 who has no contact with me or his father for last yr,but prior to that he lived with us.Have found out that my own child has been hanging out at there home and even stayed nights.ss choose to leave our home at 17 cause he no longer wanted to do chores and bm would let him do whatever, it was a battle getting custody of him with bm and a battle after he left.To top it off ss has a 20 yr old sister who my husband raised for first 10yrs of her life.When my husband left 5 yrs latter the mom and sister tryed to file sexual charges against husband that didnt fly even ss and the twin boy to sister say just trying to get him in trouble.My son knows everything that has happened with sister and mom and ss and he says we dont discuss it..I do not like my son hanging out with this girl or at bm home.He says thats his sb and he 18 he understands how we feel but it his choice.I feel betrayed by my son so does my husband...Sister has tryed to come to my home and act like nothing has happened to see her brother i told her get off my property..Should i feel betrayed by my son?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea what you just tried to explain. Maybe eta and add paragraphs?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM

He's 18. You need to loosen your grip. You really don't have much say in who he hangs out with any more.

It's natural for them to reject you a little at that age. Betrayal is way too strong a word for a kid being a kid. 

kngarber
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I'm sorry, I'm so lost.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Sounds like he misses his siblings and you've made it so threats the only place he can see them...

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I think you are over reacting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livn4hevn
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM

ya holy cow I was really confused....

lisaann929
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Sorry i did explain that all wrong..    Have recently found out that my 18 yr old goes to ss 18 home and stays nights there..My son knows the hell that bm has put us threw. ss sister 20 and bm has even tryed to press sexual charges against my husband..My son hangs out with sister and stays nights at bm home...Son says that he doesnt discuss us with them.I no longer get on him but it does hurt my feelings.

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

He's still in that young and inexperienced (stupid?) phase of life.  He'll eventually gain some wisdom and realize how this hurts you and your dh.  Legally, yes it's his choice.  But it is a hurtful one.

woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Yes, you are wrong.  I dont think he is betraying you.  He is just young and inexperienced in life and doesnt know how messed up people are.  I dont think hes doing it to hurt or betray you.

vwd_johnson
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Seriously, what did I just read?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)