Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

high lead test

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
my 2 yr olds is 8.9 & ny 1 yr olds is 12.2! normal is 5.0. retest nxt wk. very worried as i have a cousin who is a lil slow n stuff from lead poisoning... they just had their shots right before. we live in an okder house bt idk wat its from! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
3lilmonsters88
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Do you rent? If you do have the landlord come in and test for lead. That's some serious stuff. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM
no n thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM

my youngest dd tested a little high for lead also, i live in a new cnstruction home, we couldn't figure out why it was elevated, a few weeks later a bazillion toys were recalled (2005/2006?), we had many of the toys that were on the list, and some of them with the highest content were the ones she would walk around chewing on or hanging out of her mouth!!! i know there was something we did though and she was re-tested a few more times till her levels were back down.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I have been there with my dd when she was 13/14 months it is quite scary and it took testing and even yearly testing til she was age 4 to make sure she was in the clear she is 6 but its not something i play with
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM
where do i geet a list of recalled toys???

Quoting catngabsmom:

my youngest dd tested a little high for lead also, i live in a new cnstruction home, we couldn't figure out why it was elevated, a few weeks later a bazillion toys were recalled (2005/2006?), we had many of the toys that were on the list, and some of them with the highest content were the ones she would walk around chewing on or hanging out of her mouth!!! i know there was something we did though and she was re-tested a few more times till her levels were back down.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:18 AM

google?? the recall time period i was referring to was huge, it was all over the news and the list was miles long!!

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

where do i geet a list of recalled toys???

Quoting catngabsmom:

Erica

Mom to
Caterina-11
Gabriella-9.5
catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM

try this link

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I would wait untill the retest but being that they were both high It's probably not lab error.
You may want to look into a natural doctor (I can't think of the exact name) They may be able to help you with a lead/heavy metal detox for them.

The toy recalls were about 5+ years ago and I know my state made it illegal to sell toys from that time period. I had to toss like 1/2 my sons toys.
Do you have any flaking paint? How old is your plumbing? Your going to need to figure out what's causing it. They may send you to the health department and they'll come out and figure out where the lead is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured