Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Advice for Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Advice for Moms group!

If you're looking for advice or support for parenting issues, relationship problems, product purchases, and anything in between, Advice for Moms has the answers! :)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice daySteph

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Replies (81-90):
Kishkidaayki
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello ladies! My name is Amanda and I'm a mom to a beautiful 3 yr old dd and one on the way. My guess for EDD is sometime in October. 

im_2_xblessed
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi everyone I'm Kim :) single momma to 2 girls. ages almost 12 & 13. They have active grandparents in their lives as we live with them ( I'm disabled )
Hope to talk to you soon
Btw I'm in temple Texas .
We are all moving to Belton in 3-6 months
im_2_xblessed
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM
2 moms liked this
What is into? Meaning what show is her favorite ?
Favorite colors?
For my 13 yr old when she turned 2 she liked strawberry shortcake and Clifford ...
So we had a Clifford b day...a cake in the shape of a dog head...plastic cups for everyone,all the other goodies then for goodie bags we bought girly things beaded necklace (Mardi gra ) bracelets... Rings and stuff like that orientaltrading is a great site for inexpensive stuff for parties and what not
Hope this helps
im_2_xblessed
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:26 AM
2 moms liked this
My 13 yr old loves cupcakes I promised her a dozen of her favorite kind (dark chocolate with raspberry filling and a raspberry on top ) for pulling her grade to a 75 or above (she's having a hard time in math ) so while her grade was failing she had a choice go to tutoring in the morning or go after school on Monday Thursday and Friday . She brought it up and received her cupcakes on Friday . New deal is she can get another dozen for bringing it up to a 80...that means no work turned in late.

Not trying to be mosey but have you had her tested for learning disabilities?
If y'all are in Texas and she is on medicine and seeing a counselor for whatever ( my daughter has ADHD and PTSD ) since bc of that she is 504 meaning they can't fail her bc she doesn't get it.
Their options to help her get it. Someone to take notes.
Extra time on tests. Someone to read to her . Carry books, all sorts of things if your not in Texas I'd see what kind of help she can get... There's no need for her to fail...she might be depressed and just not care or be interested in the classes...or she's being bullied if age will talk to you about have a mommy and me day with her only go do something fun. Getting your nails done, go to a movie she wants to see, lunch out ,then her favorite dessert ...then talk to her in a calm relaxed setting where she doesn't feel threatened.
Hope this helps feel free to inbox me if need more support. I've been there b4 she was diagnosed she was failed in 5th grade and had to repeat it. We changed schools and found one who understood the problem and fixed it so she would get it...she is now in pre ap classes. Still has trouble in math though that's where the cupcakes come in
OctoberCutie07
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello my name is Elizabeth and I have a 5yr old daughter.

Kareth
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this

hello i'm also new here at cafe mom.hope we know each other? :)im also looking forward to meet new moms here and get advice from fellow moms.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Hi! If you'll click on "Quote" on the member's post you're talking to, they'll receive a notification that you've quoted them and can come back to see what you've said and reply to you. :)

Quoting im_2_xblessed:

What is into? Meaning what show is her favorite ?
Favorite colors?
For my 13 yr old when she turned 2 she liked strawberry shortcake and Clifford ...
So we had a Clifford b day...a cake in the shape of a dog head...plastic cups for everyone,all the other goodies then for goodie bags we bought girly things beaded necklace (Mardi gra ) bracelets... Rings and stuff like that orientaltrading is a great site for inexpensive stuff for parties and what not
Hope this helps

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM

We're so glad to have you here with us. :) If you'll start a new post to ask for advice on whatever it is you're dealing with, we'll be happy to weigh in with support and advice to help. :)

Quoting Kareth:

hello i'm also new here at cafe mom.hope we know each other? :)im also looking forward to meet new moms here and get advice from fellow moms.

amory4u
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Amory, I just moved ta new area with my family. that includes my son and his dad. we have been trying very hard to adapt. somehow I ended up being the bread winner while he stays home and watches our year old. Now, I have a neighbor that that has been making me feel uncomfortable. to begin I am not tht welcoming of a  neighbor for many reasons. that being people like to take advntage. it started off with calls asking me and my husband to pick up baby form the bus, and now they want to drop off the kids every other day at our house. i dont know if im over reacting but, yesterday the parents lied to my husband so that he can agree to watch the kids. and which he did. and so i found out that the mom was home. so i sent their kids back home. today I picked up my son from the bus and didnt pik up her kid. when i got home myhusbabd yell like go get the kid. half way through the block i see her pick her kid so i turn back around back home....minutes later they are knocking on the door and calling me. how do i end this. I mean Im the bi..t..c8ch! and my husbands the pleaser. if i set boundaries my husband goes right back on what i stand for. they have no sense of limitations. Im done. they are good people but they need to dtop making me responsible for their children. you know babysitting is a job and people do get paid for it.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Hi, Amory! Nice to see you here.  If you will post your concern on the main group area, it will get more attention.  Click the Advice For Moms near the top of the screen, then click Add new post. My first reaction to your problem is that if your husband agrees to things that it has to be his responsibility to follow through - without your help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured