Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Father in law calls my 1 year olds clothes "sexy" right to her.

Posted by   + Show Post

I get so disgusted when my Father in law telsl my daughter "Oh you've got some sexy shoes on" or "Oh look at you in your sexy shirt. She's one. I keep telling my husband to say something but I'm fed up. I'm not comfortable with that or his insistance on changing her and saying she doesn't need clothes on and should run a round nude for a little bit everyday. When I try to rock her to sleep and shes just still, and her eyes are getting heavy he'll just grab and paw at her and say "you stinker. You're not sleepy". No matter how long the visit whie he's talking he'll just stare at me holding her longingly. Anytime I have her he's hovering going "here I got her. You go, I got her. His wife will make him dinner and he gets angry with her.. "damnit, I'm holding baby. Can't you see that?! I'm not hungry". Then when he's holding her he'll sit there and tell me what she likes, and finds funny, and things she doesn't like. When she was newborn he tried showing me how to correctly breastfeed. I'm so grossed out by this man. His wife works at a daycare and he goes there on his lunchbreak and plays with all the babies. I need a hula hoop rule with man that cusses like a sailor btw. He needs to relax, fo-real because I'm about to rip my hair out or ban him from ever babysitting. I just can't trust a man that will refer to baby girl as sexy. Am I over reacting?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
MarlaMet
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I was hoping for smoothness. He's a stubborn man that thinks all women are stupid. An argument and definite gossip would ensue. But due to my husband's failure to comply I'm going to have to the one that stands up for our beliefs and how we wish to raise our daughter.
MarlaMet
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:55 PM

BUMP!

TexanMomOf6

um, time to keep him away from her.  that is so wrong to do what he does. trust your instincts.

caro100
1 mom liked this

I would not leave my DD with him alone.  Jus sayn!!  No, you are not overreacting

joyfullem
1 mom liked this

The wanting to hold her and not wanting to be disturbed doesn't worry me as much as calling her sexy.  He may just not know it is wrong, you hubby or you need to talk to him about it.  He maybe a creeper or he may just be overly helpful, wanting to show you how to breastfeed would bother me too but he may not have seen it as wrong.  I don't know just limit time with him and maybe feed her somewhere else another room or something

MarlaMet
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I was with my MIL while babysitting some grade school kids. She called the girls hair sexy to which she replied "You're not supposed to say sexy. My mom and dad say so." Her reply to this was to put her hands up to ears in classic na na na na boo fashion "sexy sexy sexy sexy sexy sexy". She's never said sexy to my daughter, just the children she sits.
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

This would bother me a lot. He would never be alone with my child or with any child or any other adult that I couldn't trust to keep him in line -EVER.

MommeisQueen
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM
EWW.
MommeisQueen
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I agree.
Quoting Bleacheddecay:

This would bother me a lot. He would never be alone with my child or with any child or any other adult that I couldn't trust to keep him in line -EVER.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Trust your gut
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)