Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Father in law calls my 1 year olds clothes "sexy" right to her.

Posted by   + Show Post

I get so disgusted when my Father in law telsl my daughter "Oh you've got some sexy shoes on" or "Oh look at you in your sexy shirt. She's one. I keep telling my husband to say something but I'm fed up. I'm not comfortable with that or his insistance on changing her and saying she doesn't need clothes on and should run a round nude for a little bit everyday. When I try to rock her to sleep and shes just still, and her eyes are getting heavy he'll just grab and paw at her and say "you stinker. You're not sleepy". No matter how long the visit whie he's talking he'll just stare at me holding her longingly. Anytime I have her he's hovering going "here I got her. You go, I got her. His wife will make him dinner and he gets angry with her.. "damnit, I'm holding baby. Can't you see that?! I'm not hungry". Then when he's holding her he'll sit there and tell me what she likes, and finds funny, and things she doesn't like. When she was newborn he tried showing me how to correctly breastfeed. I'm so grossed out by this man. His wife works at a daycare and he goes there on his lunchbreak and plays with all the babies. I need a hula hoop rule with man that cusses like a sailor btw. He needs to relax, fo-real because I'm about to rip my hair out or ban him from ever babysitting. I just can't trust a man that will refer to baby girl as sexy. Am I over reacting?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
carmenella
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Wow your FIL would give me the creeps. I would definately say something to him if my hubby wouldn't. And NEVER leave him alone with the baby.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I agree, it's creepy AND disrespectful.  How often do you see these people?

Amberleigh81
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
WTF is wrong with your ILs?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilana_ny
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM
My MIL is 65 and she is always trying to show people that she is "up to date". She has her favorite granddaughter, my SIL DD, that she called sexy all the time.Once She called me and said: " I bought (girls name) new bathing suite, she lookes so sexy in it." My SIL and her older DD also calls the girl sexy. She is 5yo
Wierd, but not my kid.
livelaughlov26
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Creepy imo
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Very creepy. I wouldnt leave him alone with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Wow.  That's creepy.  I would have straight up called him a pedophilethe 1st time he called her sexy but that's just me and my loudmouth.  lol

MarlaMet
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Since my daughter was born dec 2012 we haven't gone more than three weeks without seeing them. Before she was born we saw them about 5 times a year. They're the strangest nuttiest people. They have their adult kids artwork from gradeschool still on the fridge and have an entire room solely dedicated to their baby stuff.

catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You just described my in laws!!!! I cured the "sexy" thing by printing up three pictures, two of playboy centerfolds and one of my daughter (at the time one); at the bottom of the PB ones I wrote SEXY and the one of my daughter, I wrote NOT SEXY- it's a BABY, that was the last time I ever heard the word sexy! The food, dinner, playing with, that is the over eager, excited grandparents of a granddaughter who only had boys!! My dd was the first grandchild and the first girl born in the family in 30+ years!!

Quoting MarlaMet:

Well, i have to get to her quick enough If i plan on feeding her. While She has her plate of food he picks at his plate and feeds her stuff leaving the plate in front of her untouched. I mean, with everything he feels a strong need to do everything that I would normally do. Even feeding her. That'as definately the over excited grandpa that misses having his kids as babies. They just clash with me. He and his wife also forget to refer to each other as grandma and grandpa. She'll hand my daughter to my FIL and say "Here go by daddy" and MIL will chase my baby going "mama's going to get you". I corrected this numerous times which leads to eyerolling. Because of course I'm the weird one. On her Birthday i was feeding her carrots and hot dogs and she sat on the other side and fed her at the same time I was. Our hands would even hit and she'd go "oh woops! You go first". It's overwhelming and I can't stand having them around. To say the least. lol I'm so glad I'm the only one that would be uncomfortable. They and my husband make me feel irrational all the time.

hollydaze1974
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Nope, sounds like he's grooming her already.... Stay away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN