Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

3 month old will Not sleep anywhere but on me. Need advice

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
I have a 3 month baby boy,will be 4 months on the 25th and I'm having a lot of trouble getting him to sleep in his cradle during day naps and crib during the night I end up just holding him and sleeping with him which I'm not really comfortable with but its the only way I can get a few hours of rest because he refuses to let me put him down. He will be sound asleep but as soon as I put him down and my hands leave his body he is wide awake. I've tried and tried numerous nights to get him to sleep in his crib but nothing is working and I'm getting extremely exhausted. PLEASE if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!!! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RDeRo
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:21 PM

We were having problems getting our two month old to sleep in his crib because anytime he would fall asleep and we would put him in there he would wake up.  I found that it helps to rub his belly or his hair, or read to him if he is really awake. Otherwise I take him out and rock him back to sleep and try again.  Also, is it too quiet in the room?  We have soft music playing in the background for him.

Some suggestions that were given to me:  Warm up the mattress with a heating pad before putting the baby down (taking the heating pad out before you put him in and checking to make sure its not too hot).  Also, putting a rolled up blanket on either side so they think they are being held.

When we had problems at the beginning he slept really great in his swing, if nothing else maybe thats an option?

mama2my2boys
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:27 PM
my first son slept next to us in his craddle till 3months then in his room in his crib no problems...my second son slept next to us in his craddle then in bed with us till he was 2 then with his brother....my daughter slept in her swing till she broke it :/ about till she was 8months...then she slept with us and still does and shes almost 2.....so maybe try a swing or swaddle him maybe have a white nosie going like a humidifer or something soothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I agree with making the mattress at least body temperature, which isn't very warm, but is warmer than the feel of a mattress. Just make sure to never lay the baby on a warmed sheet without carefully testing it first. My DIL followed the advice of a book that said the mom should let the baby sleep on her for the first three months, but I don't know what happens at the end of this time. She also used white noise to soothe the baby.

MommeisQueen
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM
This is okay sometimes because it helps to regulate their heart rate as they are on your chest but I can understand your exhaustion, all my babies were the same way. I agree with the previous poster who saidmto roll a light weight receiving blanket and tuck it under babies chest whike he is sleeping on his side.
LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Swaddle him really tight at night
jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM

My dd was the same way but only during the day so she slept in the swing.  Dr Sears claims... We have noticed babies who are carried in baby slings for several hours a day settle better at night. Babywearing mellows the infant during the day, behavior that carries over into restfulness at night.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I had this issue too so I learned to sleep when he did.

catngabsmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Wean him from you! A little less body contact each sleeping time, then ease him into his crib awake but drowsy and soothe him without picking him up. It could take a few days or weeks to do it. This is my practical advice!
My advice as a mom with a 10 and 11 year old is- enjoy it while it lasts!!! It seems like just yesterday mine were that little!
christababy
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Yes! This!

Quoting LaceNBklyn:

Swaddle him really tight at night

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Swaddling! Makes them feel like they are still in the womb. That and some white noise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN