Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I've been advised not to move into HIS house. Do you agree?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been with my bf for almost 2yrs and he has asked several times for me to move in. i have several reasons why i haven't yet but i just wanted to get some other views on whether YOU would do it or NOT?
I mean, Have you? and if so was it a mistake?
He has 4 kids but none live with him full time just every weekend and all summer.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
caro100
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM

How many children do you have?  going from none to even every other weekend can be stressful.  Before I had my first son, we would have his DD every other weekend.  I would go from none to 2 kids because his nephew would come to play with his cousin.  Most of the time the hubs would leave me to the kid watching it got especially stressful after I had our first son. By the time we had our second, it was normal.  i personally think very carefully about it, where will you go if the relationship goes south.  I would rather he move in with me, that way I know who's moving out if the relationship breaks up.

om1970
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting caro100:

How many children do you have?  going from none to even every other weekend can be stressful.  Before I had my first son, we would have his DD every other weekend.  I would go from none to 2 kids because his nephew would come to play with his cousin.  Most of the time the hubs would leave me to the kid watching it got especially stressful after I had our first son. By the time we had our second, it was normal.  i personally think very carefully about it, where will you go if the relationship goes south.  I would rather he move in with me, that way I know who's moving out if the relationship breaks up.

i have 2 but one is grown and on her own. my little one is 8 and doesn't get along with his kids. sounds like a recipe for a disaster heh. i've even been told to end the relationship.
pipers_mom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:47 AM
The day DH (just bf at the time) and I moved in together was the day we moved out of our moms houses. I wouldn't move in with him while he still lived with his mom. I think you should find a new place TOGETHER.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
molacio
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM

My beau and I knew each other for five years before getting together. When we did, we ended up moving in right away. Been together two years.

MrsKish
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:14 PM

are you 2 living together as of right now?

i'm just sharing my point of view, so please don't be offended 

but when you say you decided to get a home, did you do it on a whim; without talking to him? some men will take it to heart, thinking that you are pushing them away. buy just saying i think i'm going to buy my "own"  home. there are vary clear lines in a relationship heading down to marriage or a partnership.  Yours "stuff he need not bother with/ before him life style" His "stuff he doesn't want you in/ before you life style "  ours  "the stuff we want to share  with each other, you can't build a committed relationship  with a "ours" if you think he's the type you wan't marry  back track  buy a home together.

Quoting mylilgooberpea:

Im no help here, my first marriage was fone the christian way. Not living together till marriage he ran off with my married friend. Now I thought that my bf and I would move in together on the soonish end (been together a year now) within the next 6 months give or take. I was looking for a house to buy on my own. Just found out it inspired him to do the same for himself. Im starting to think my relationship is heading to a dead end. So heres a bump gl!

MrsKish
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldn't make the move just yet wait in-till after this summer. make it a point to have a family like weekend every other  weekend. see how the kids deal and how smooth things go.

Quoting om1970:

I've been with my bf for almost 2yrs and he has asked several times for me to move in. i have several reasons why i haven't yet but i just wanted to get some other views on whether YOU would do it or NOT?
I mean, Have you? and if so was it a mistake?
He has 4 kids but none live with him full time just every weekend and all summer.
mylilgooberpea
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Quoting MrsKish:

Hih good point. No we arnt living together. I only spend the night on the weekends. Only go to his house due to the fact im renting the upstairs appt of my parents house. Im getting teally tired of cleaning 2 houses working full time and "packing/movinginand out" every weekend. Yes I have things at his house but cloths for my son and I. Hes never been married and is in batchlor mode.

juggling Just a single mom living my life for my wonderful son! toddler boy

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Maybe it would help if we knew what "your" reasons are? I mean I dont see whats wrong with it, 2 yrs together seems legit to me.

MsRkg
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's is essential to live together with the person you might potentially marry or have a long relationship with. You never know a person truly until you live together and it's the true test to see how strong your relationship is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM
We moved in with eachother after a year and a half. Pretty soon but it was ok. We had our ups and many downs but we worked through them as a couple and actually made it. We have been together 5 years now and we are doing fantastic :-). It really just depends on what you want to do because no one can tell you whether you should or shouldn't. Just be sure that it's what you want. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)