Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Teething

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

I think my 3 month old son may be teething. His grandma can feel something that kinda feels like a tooth on the top right side of his gums. He has been throwing up more in the past couple weeks and has just become more fussy.

What are the signs of teething? What can I do to help him? How long does teething last?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Teething starts around 4-8mos and can last weeks before a tooth shows up.  Most times its the bottom teeth that come in first.  Throwing up is NOT a sign of teething....he may need to switch formula or may have reflux.  Any other symptoms???  Have you switched anything....such as adding cereal or solids?

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM

We gave him some rice cereal in his formula for about a week but he didn't like it very much so we stopped that. The only symptoms I have seen is him trying to eat his fists all the time, being more fussy, and grabbing at his face. Both his grandma and his dad think they feel a tooth (or something like it) on his top right side though.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM

When my kids were getting a tooth they would have their hands in their mouths, drool, be warm, and fussy at night.

Dvegas
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My 13 month old starting teething when he was only 2 weeks old so although most babies start later they can start early. Also not all of then get there teething order as mine got his all out of order.

If your little guy is drooling more than usual, eating his hands, fussy  and maybe even trying to bite you a lot he is most Likely teething. He may develop a fever as well but not always. Also about the vomiting it is the drool that upsets his stomach and causes him to vomit as this happened to my son and well to me when i was pregnant. I produced a lot of drool which made me sick when i swallowed it when pregnant. Try not to place him on his back other than to sleep of course in order to keep him from swallowing to much saliva. To help with the teething i would get started on stocking up on baby Advil and orajel but because of his age ask the doctor the recommended dose. If you are not going to give him medicine then try a wet cool wash cloth for him to chew on (I would place it in the freezer for an hour) my son and nephiew love that. Also try putting one of his pacis in the freezer to cool  and stock up on teething toys.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:49 PM

This is pretty much  how my kids were. They did have running diaper too during that time.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Every Tuesday with Us!

Quoting LuLuRex:

When my kids were getting a tooth they would have their hands in their mouths, drool, be warm, and fussy at night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)