Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get dd to take a bottle

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 21 Replies

I'm breastfeeding but I need to have a root canal. The problem is dd always refuses bottles,how can we get her to take milk from a bottle?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clp0930
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM

BUMP!

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Try a few different bottles and nipples. They have the bottles that are meant to help transition from Breast to bottle. I know this sounds awful, but if you can't nurse her, when she gets hungry enough, she will take it. It's natural instinct, she will take what she can get.

Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM
why cant you just keep bf? Are you worried about the time your there or after? How old is your dd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Probably drugs she is going to take.

Quoting Autumn19:

why cant you just keep bf? Are you worried about the time your there or after? How old is your dd

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM
i had a root canal while i was pregnant other than the shot to the mouth they didnt give me anything and it didnt even hurt after.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Autumn19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clp0930
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Quoting Autumn19:

i had a root canal while i was pregnant other than the shot to the mouth they didnt give me anything and it didnt even hurt after.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Autumn19:

I'm worried about the anasthetic, she's sensitive. It would also be nice if my husband could feed her while I occasionally do other things (haircut, dr's appointments, etc)

Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM
ask the bf group but i think your be fine.
How old after 6 months we gave up on trying to give dd a bottle and went to a sippy cup. Try the nuk sippy its a little expensive $7 but my dd loves it and shes 1. I did leave her one day with my dh for about 7hrs and in that time she ate table food and refused the bm i had left. So your dd may decide not to eat at all while your gone.

Quoting clp0930:

Quoting Autumn19:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Autumn19:

I'm worried about the anasthetic, she's sensitive. It would also be nice if my husband could feed her while I occasionally do other things (haircut, dr's appointments, etc)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Mine hurt before and really hurt after more even.

Quoting Autumn19:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Autumn19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM
:( what tooth. Mine was a front one. I guess its hard to say how much it will hurt since everyone has a different pain tolerance.

Quoting atlmom2:

Mine hurt before and really hurt after more even.

Quoting Autumn19:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Autumn19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
clp0930
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quoting Autumn19:

ask the bf group but i think your be fine.
How old after 6 months we gave up on trying to give dd a bottle and went to a sippy cup. Try the nuk sippy its a little expensive $7 but my dd loves it and shes 1. I did leave her one day with my dh for about 7hrs and in that time she ate table food and refused the bm i had left. So your dd may decide not to eat at all while your gone.

Quoting clp0930:

Quoting Autumn19:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting Autumn19:

she's 2 months,and to be blunt she knows she owns me lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured