Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

bad blood pressure?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
  • 12 Replies
hi... i just had my son about two months ago. at my last check up my blood pressure was what i call normal (118\70)... today it was 92\50 sumthin... is that bad? im very worried. i have had cold hands & feet n a sore throat n some stomach problems (dirrhea n nausea) so i havent been drinkin much.... please help! again, VERY WORRIED!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Did the doctor say that was a good bp for you at the check up or are you giving it that distinction?   Todays seems very low to me but it makes sense since you are sick.  I would go to urgent care or place a call to the doctor to check with them on everything.  You have a newborn that needs a healthy mommy.

Belismom
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say that is normal to low. Did you take it yourself on a machine? If so that isn't as accurate as having it done manually.
I would call the doctor just to have it checked out.
I have high blood pressure and even wit my history if I get a high reading and my medications aren't working I go to emergency or my dr bc I can't take any chances

Nor should you won't a newborn.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Hypovolemic u should go in and atleast have fluids ran through your system. They might give u a vitamin shot. Thats not a healthy BP.
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Unless u took it while you were in bed and had been layin down it shouldn't be so low. Thats odd. If u get lightheaded and nausea and feel dizzy when sitting up or standing up then those are definite flags
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I have no idea. My sister has been having fainting/dizzy episodes and she has low blood pressure.

GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:47 AM
thank u all ladies! today after work it was 119\75 so it was norrmal. im suure its from lack of liquids n bein sick bt i was aat drs office when i got it done the first time. she (the nurse) said "92\50, nice and low" so iidk. goin to keep checkin it before and aftr work...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
i was up n oin alot before appt. i think it waa from bein ssick... still nauseas alot... so i have a lack of fluids n have been pregnant the last three yyrs n on vitamins n am nt taking them nemore... alot is changin n idk if my body knows how to handle it!

Quoting bribabyfever7:

Unless u took it while you were in bed and had been layin down it shouldn't be so low. Thats odd. If u get lightheaded and nausea and feel dizzy when sitting up or standing up then those are definite flags

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Well im a nurse and not knowing your history or much about you i would have been a little worried of ur 90/50 BP!! Lol

But it seems like you are well informed about your body! That makes me a happy girl! Just hope that u can keep taking those liquids in dont want a fainting mommy!
GabeAiyAra
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:16 AM
yes i am kind of a hypo n i think i kno my body and worry way too much! haha. bt my bp has nvr been so low n im glad it was better today at work. hoping tmrw it is still good. today it was 119\75. thats on a machine you put ur arm in like they have at walmart... i was jus worried it wud drop too much while sleeping. during my first csectiin i had a reaction to drugs from nt havin enuf fluids n bp dropped to 60\20. i thought i was goina die!!! i tried climbin off the table cuz my arms n chest n everythn i cud still feel was burning! =\

Quoting bribabyfever7:

Well im a nurse and not knowing your history or much about you i would have been a little worried of ur 90/50 BP!! Lol

But it seems like you are well informed about your body! That makes me a happy girl! Just hope that u can keep taking those liquids in dont want a fainting mommy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Aaah jeeze thats a awful memory! But i do believe chemically induced low BP (the csection anesthetics) is muuch much more dangerous then just your resting (as in sleeping) BP being low. The reaction you had then was a traumatic experience to you. I wouldnt worry too much about reliving that unless you are about to go thru another c section lol! Only because there isnt a drug involved when you rest..:)

Ur BP is perfect at the 119/75 that is a verry healthy reading. Its good to worry about your health because people that dont, can be super oblivious to anything wrong before it gets real bad! Dont make ur hair fall out worrying just keep track of how you feel and thats all u have to do!

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

yes i am kind of a hypo n i think i kno my body and worry way too much! haha. bt my bp has nvr been so low n im glad it was better today at work. hoping tmrw it is still good. today it was 119\75. thats on a machine you put ur arm in like they have at walmart... i was jus worried it wud drop too much while sleeping. during my first csectiin i had a reaction to drugs from nt havin enuf fluids n bp dropped to 60\20. i thought i was goina die!!! i tried climbin off the table cuz my arms n chest n everythn i cud still feel was burning! =\

Quoting bribabyfever7:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)