Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Very worried and feeling guilty

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:29 AM
  • 13 Replies

Ok, so tonight at 6:30 I was just finishing cooking dinner and we were getting ready to eat and my husband calls me from the living room and says come quick it's an emergency and I'm thinking one of the little ones just got hurt they were running around and playing so I come running and there's a little girl at the door and when I walk up she ask me can she stay here and I say what's your name sweetie and she says Rochelle so I ask her if shes lost and she says no she wants to come in and live here so I step outside with my husband and we are asking her where she lives where's her parents and what's their number and she says please don't call my mom and I ask why and she repeats please don't call her so I say ok can you give me the number and name of someone else you want me to call and she says she doesn't know any numbers and she's 9 and she tells us what school she goes to and that she got of the school bus at the end of our block and that she didn't know where she lived and I said that if we couldn't call anyone and she didn't know any numbers that I might have to call 911 to help her and she started to shake her head and back away from us and said no please don't they'll bring me home. So my husband asked her if she might have something in her bag with her last name or address on it because she said she didn't know her last name and she said no and he asked if she would let me look in it and she started to fumble around and dropped a piece of paper and he picked it up and opened it and it had her name on it and it was for suspension for choking another child so I asked her if she was afraid because of that and she said yes and I asked her if she was gonna get spanked and she said yes so I told her I would call and talk to her mother because I didn't want her to be in trouble for not going home too and she still didn't want to go home so she said she wanted to go to her dad house but she didn't know his number but she knew her grandma (dad's mom) number but her mother told her what goes on in their house stays in there and she didn't want her over there or calling them. So my husband called our daughter that's 19 and had her talk to her and she opened up to her and gave her the grandmas number and my husband called her while I went back inside and called 911 to report that she was at my house and they said they were looking for her and would call me back, but then my husband came and said her dad was asking him to bring her to him so I called the police back to ask them if that was a good idea and they said if we felt comfortable with it then it was fine. But then another dispatcher called me back as soon as I hung the phone up and asked me if we still had her and I said yes and she said please don't bring her to her dad and that the police was going to come to my house and bring her mom, so my husband told her dad they said not to bring her to him they were coming for her so he said ok and got off the phone and obviously called her mom and then she called my husbands phone back and said she was looking for her and he gave me the phone and immediately she  ask me what she had been telling us...why is that important the first thing I would want to know is how is she ? Not what did she tell us, like she had something to hide so then the dad calls my house phone back and starts telling my husband that the mom and her boyfriend abuse her and she won't let him see her and all kinds of things about them beating her and him confronting them about it and the mom said it was the boyfriend and not her and then the mom was telling me that something is wrong with her she's not normal and just doesn't get it and all the while some lady was in the background ranting and raving about the child having no business doing that and something being wrong with her and just acting like she was juicing the mom up to get more and more angry and the mom is talking to her in the background and I'm like we'll I told her you would to happy to see her and that she's ok that the last thing on your mind would be giving her a whipping and she just went silent and was like well thank you so much, but she never said no to giving her a beating. And to top it off 2 police came in one car and the supervisor came in another car and one of the two that were together was talking to her like she was his child and yelled at her to get in the car and they were going to discuss it when he got her home. And the other officer said that wasn't her first time running away. So now I'm thinking was there another reason she didn't want to go. Home and I noticed her belt was undone and her button undone and my husband said the first time he answered the door she asked him did a woman live here and he said next door because he thought she was looking for the people next door because the have a lot of parties and then she came back to the door after she walked across the lawn and he was still standing by the door asking my son did he see where she came from and he said she came back to the door and we have one of those doors with the beveled glass in the middle so he saw her looking through the glass in our door then she asked him again when he opened the door was a woman here. I did ask her if anyone had done her anything and she shook her head no but wouldn't make direct eye contact with me most of the tme...I'm so worried I've been up all night and my daughter started crying because she is worried about her too. What else could we have done ??? I hope the stepdad isn't touching her is all I keep thinking.

shooting photo

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessica1078
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:40 AM
wow- I'm worried for her too.. you did what you had to unfortunately hopefully everything turns out ok :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bella_Madre
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:48 AM
2 moms liked this

WTF. Why didn't the police notify CPS. There is more than an enough cause for an investigation and if that child is terrified to go home I seriously don't think she should have been returned to them. I know there's no physical evidence and that might be why but I'm astonished that the officers did not question the child or anything.  I would encourage you to make a CPS report pronto! Don't even do it online. Call the hotline. You have more than enough reason to suspect she is in danger. 

arango
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:49 AM
bump⇧
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

That sounds terrible. I hope she is okay.

LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Ohh my, I'm worried for her too, she shouldn't of never been returned to that house,
Sirennea
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:24 AM

This absolutely!

I had a somewhat similar experience years ago. A drunk woman with her young son (7 or 8) showed up in our driveway in her mini-van.  She thought her friend lived here and through talking to the boy I got out of him this was not the first time she had driven him all over creation drunk as a skunk. We called the police who took her away but they left the kid and mini-van with us as I had spoken to his dad on the phone and agreed to drive him home in their vehicle.

I made dad promise he would get mom some help but I always wonder about that little boy and have even driven by the house a few times over the years to see if I could get a glimpse of him.

Quoting Bella_Madre:

WTF. Why didn't the police notify CPS. There is more than an enough cause for an investigation and if that child is terrified to go home I seriously don't think she should have been returned to them. I know there's no physical evidence and that might be why but I'm astonished that the officers did not question the child or anything.  I would encourage you to make a CPS report pronto! Don't even do it online. Call the hotline. You have more than enough reason to suspect she is in danger. 

Stand for what's Right, even if you stand Alone!

good

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM

She needs help of some kind. CPS would be a start.

Quoting Sirennea:

This absolutely!

I had a somewhat similar experience years ago. A drunk woman with her young son (7 or 8) showed up in our driveway in her mini-van.  She thought her friend lived here and through talking to the boy I got out of him this was not the first time she had driven him all over creation drunk as a skunk. We called the police who took her away but they left the kid and mini-van with us as I had spoken to his dad on the phone and agreed to drive him home in their vehicle.

I made dad promise he would get mom some help but I always wonder about that little boy and have even driven by the house a few times over the years to see if I could get a glimpse of him.

Quoting Bella_Madre:

Jessy76
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this

Contact CPS and then don't let it go. Stay on top of them. CPS has good intentions but not very good follow through at least that has been my experience with them. One call doesn't always do the trick.

Bleacheddecay
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. Sounds like that poor child is in a very bad situation. Of course she is acting out on it at school in ways that will get her in big trouble too.

Quoting Jessy76:

Contact CPS and then don't let it go. Stay on top of them. CPS has good intentions but not very good follow through at least that has been my experience with them. One call doesn't always do the trick.

DzineMama
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM

You reacted correctly. Often we can be so taking back and kind of in shock when suprised by something like this. You are also correct in assuming there is much more going on here. You have a choice to forget about it or to further help that little girl. 

If I had her information I would contact CPS or any organization that can help. Tell them everything you know and urge them to investigate. A child that young would not be acting that way unless it was an extreme situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN