Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kinda need some honest advice

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

Me and my husband have been fighting over little stuff lately and I always feel like I have to do everything and when he asks me to do something for him i do it cause i wanna make him happy. but when ever I ask him to do something so small he makes it a big deal.

I just don't understand what i should do ?

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM

You could try taking him out for coffee and a talk about what you are feeling and why.

You could try a book like The Give Love Languages, The Love Dare or Getting the Love That You Want that you both do together or even read them separate.

And of course there is always counseling, alone or together.

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:14 PM

ask him WHY he wont do anything for you.  For guys even askin them to do little things can overwhelm them!  I know its sad.  Tell him how you feel.  He may throw a hissy fit, but oh well.  Tell him that's what marriage is about, doing things for each other. 

Lunarprancer
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Don't do what he asks, or make it sound like a big deal as well.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Say that you didn't think what you asked was such a big deal. Don't refer to what you do for him. Ask him why it is so much that he complains. He may have something going on that you don't know about.- I mean pressure at work, or a health concern.  You can even ask him if he does, and explain that you wouldn't ask him to do something if you realized it was too much. Don't make him take the defensive, this won't get you anywhere.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Great advice!

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

You could try taking him out for coffee and a talk about what you are feeling and why.

You could try a book like The Give Love Languages, The Love Dare or Getting the Love That You Want that you both do together or even read them separate.

And of course there is always counseling, alone or together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured