Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Terrible twos is here!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 2 Replies
How did you moms cope with the terrible 2 phase? My son has serious tantrums and cries himself to the point of no breath! We do time outs if needed but no spanking. It's embarrassing when it's out in public :(

Any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
saucymama519
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM

My kids start throwing a fit in public their little butts go back out to the car and we leave. I've never tolerated it and they know it. As for the tantrums at home.... I ignored them for a little bit and if they wouldn't stop I would just calmly move them to their room and walk away. I found it is absolutely pointless to try and talk to them or comfort them until they've started to calm down a little. At least with my boys it's always made it worse. But removing them from an area where other people could pay attention to the tantrum helped a lot. Honestly, though, my kids' terrbile twos were not that bad. Three on the other hand....

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Terrible 3's are the worst. Everyone survives. Strict discipline. They are testing boundries so make boundries and stick to them. Leave or go to the car when in public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)