Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby not taking bottle

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been breastfeeding my son, he is 11 weeks old.  My husband started giving him a bottle a night at 4 weeks, but now my son goes to bed earlier so I have been feeding him for his last feeding of the night, so he hasn't gotten a bottle daily, but occasionaly for a few weeks.  My parents watched him a few weeks ago and he took the bottle for them ok.  Now my parents watched him last night for almost 5 hours and he refused to take a bottle for them so we had to leave our plans early so I could come feed him.

I left the house for awhile this morning and my husband tried feeding him a bottle again and he wouldn't take it for him either! He tried for over an hour until finally I was home so I fed him.  I go back to work in 1.5 weeks and we really need him to take a bottle. Any suggestions?! 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Replies (11-16):
LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Oo he loves the booby! Lol

Idk. What they said...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepymommy87
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not "suggestions" it's stating the facts, which is that a lot of breastfed babies reverse cycle. It's not a bad thing and it's 100% normal. Personally I am glad mine reversed cycled instead of taking a bottle because there was never any risk of me having to supplement or anyone giving her formula. And none of my sitters had issues with my daughter not eating while I was gone. If they did, I would have gotten another sitter.

Op Join the breastfeeding group, we'll help you the best. :)

Quoting jabs54:

As a daycare provider I've had good luck using the Mam (Adiri looks like that would be a good choice also) bottle and holding the baby exactly like a nursing mom would.  Don't forget your milk is going to be 98 degrees so make sure and warm the breast milk.  I would keep trying.  I would not want a baby to be in my care all day and not eat anything like some suggested! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:10 AM
do you think it's the bottle you're using?? try a different bottle, just a suggestion I used to use the playtex drop-in bottles. :)
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 AM
This. Research kellymom.com

:)

Quoting piwife:

Baby will reverse cycle

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Do you need to work? What were you doing that you had to cut short at 5 hours?

I personally ditched anything that I didn't NEED to do and just nourished my kids at that age.
RDeRo
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured