Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

upper lip hair

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting rid of my 13 year old daughters upper lip hair. It's not much only on the corners of her mouth but she is very aware of it.

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:01 PM

You can either bleach or take her to a salon for waxing that part.  She is old enough now i think that waxing would be better.  I had it done once and the hair in those areas came back lighter or not at all.  Now all i have to battle is my eye brows lol.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Would she be able to pluck?

Cynthje
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:13 PM

It depends on how much hair there is,plucking is an option, so is waxing...just depends

in light cases bleaching is an option

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Has she ever been to a doctor to determine why she has it?  Maybe her hormones are wacky.

snowiscold
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

My daughter has the upper lip hair on the corners of her mouth and she uses her razor and shaves it off.  She does this about once every two weeks.  It works fine :-)

norwgnwood
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Tweeze
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scottydog
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Thank you for your help

scottydog
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Ugh I don't think I want her to start plucking yet but I will keep that in mind.  Thank you

scottydog
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM

She has not seen a Dr. But that is an option I had not thought of. She is at that age.

MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I have upper lip hair and I was the only one that noticed it until I was out of high school.  Anyway, I did waxing (OUCH) and plucking (I only got a coupld of hairs plucked and stopped) and shaving (DON'T use a shaver, a plain razor would be find I guess, but the vibration stimulates hair growth).  My SIL started bleaching unwanted hair (due to a hormone condition, but hers was bad enough she was probably not going to be able to have children, but did) and she still does.

Quoting scottydog:

She has not seen a Dr. But that is an option I had not thought of. She is at that age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured