Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bathing your baby.

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
  • 20 Replies

So i know the babies skin will be really soft and delicate. How often should i bath him?Like Every 3  or 4 days and just wipe him down with a wet rag? waiting on you ladies..How does your babies skin moister effect how often you bath them? Have a great day.. and keep smiling God bless!!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM

How old is the baby?  Definitely use a baby soap or just a wet rag with luke warm water.  If the baby has a poopy blowout, put them in the bathtub or sink to rinse with a cup of warm water.  I have heard aveeno is a good brand for a baby.

addyangel
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Once a week. I use Aveeno lotion for my baby too. Babies don't really get dirty, unless they have a massive blowout poop (yup, been there) or spit up a lot (done that too). My doc recommends once a week, and that was before my 4 month old had an eczema flare up. Before her eczema, we used regular baby lotion. After, we started with the Aveeno. If it's just spit up smell though, I often wipe mine down with a baby wipe, hair and all. Takes the smell away without a full bath, which can dry baby's skin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:59 AM

Every 3 days was always fine for my babies. If their skin is a little dry you can use some lotion after.

othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I bathed them every 2-3 days

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Every couple days, unless there is a diaper blow out.  Baby bodywash/shampoo and lotion.

MommeisQueen
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on babies age and the weather where you live. I would say every 2 to 3 days and moisturize right after bath. On the other days just use mild baby soap to wash face, hands and bottom as needed.
MrsJoe125
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Thanks.  I hope you have a smiley day; God bless you too. :-)

As for the baby, I just washed them when they got "dirty".  Newborns are obviously not bringing in backyard in their diapers or anything, but sometimes they get messy while feeding or they go out and EVERYBODY and their MOTHER touched her, etc.  I just "spot cleaned" for the most part, until they were actually getting dirty enough to need a bath or if they went out.  Also, I used their hair as a guide: if their hair was staying down nicely, they needed a bath; right after I bathed them, it stood out on end. lol  Anyway, yes, about every 3-4 days/ as needed.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Every 2 to 3 days with wipes downs daily

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Every couple days for full on water and soap then lotion.

Keep a close eye on rolls everyday though. Milk sneaks into neck rolls, armpits, and stinks.  :(

SRUsarahSC
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

as a newborn/young baby when they don't do much, I did every 2-3 days. Once they start moving, I switched to every day because she would get dirty, even with me cleaning the floors every day.  Baths are fun though when they can sit up and play in the water, as opposed to a newborn, who, for me at least, screamed like we were killing her each bath.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured