Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

So i know the babies skin will be really soft and delicate. How often should i bath him?Like Every 3  or 4 days and just wipe him down with a wet rag? waiting on you ladies..How does your babies skin moister effect how often you bath them? Have a great day.. and keep smiling God bless!!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I bathed mine every other day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM

When they were newborn, maybe every 2-4 days, depending on how dirty they got and/or how many diaper blowouts they had. There were a lot of days where they just got wiped down with a wet washcloth. They also had eczema though, so frequent baths would just make that worse. Definitely not every day.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I bathed my babies daily:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I bathe my son daily. I don't quite remember how I did it with dd since she is 7 lol. But yea, I bathe him every day to get ready for bed time and it works. He also likes it very much, he's always so quiet. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I bathed my babies every day. In skin drying weather, I made the baths very quick, but everything got washed. :)

CampClan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe when my kids were infants I bathed them once a week because they are babies & didn't need more than a wipe down daily (due to spit up & what not in the folds of their necks). I would use a diaper wipe or warm wash cloth for all that. I would also use Johnson's Nighttime baby lotion on them because it had lavendar in it which really did help soothe my babies. 

Once my babies became mobile (as in crawling & able to put things in their mouths) I started bathing more than once a week. My youngest is now 3 & gets a bath at least 3 times a week (depending on how dirty he got at daycare).

supernoodle2
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

she gets a bath every night, I just make sure she gets lots of lotion every time

Maire2013
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:24 AM
The twins get a bath every 2-3 days and a wipe down everyday. We also use lotion every day. So far so good with their skin staying moisturized.
Yurixsi
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I bathed mine everyday they seemed to sleep better after a bath.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:43 AM

i bathed my daughter every day.  it was just part of our routine...and she loved being in water.  i lotioned her up after her bath every night.  i never had any "skin issues" with her..  :)   and mmmm she smelled soooo goood!! perfect for bedtime snuggles!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)