Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Advice on sick child plz

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi My daughter is 6 on thursday she woke up and was not feeling well, so I took her to drs and they tested her for the flu. The test came back negative. Dr said it was probally a virus that could last 3-4 days. She has no vomiting no diahrea. She has had a fever of 103.2 and i have been treating that with motrin then tylenol which seems to bring fever down to 101 i have even gotten it to 99.9. The question I have is she was not able to get out of bed this morning, i had to carry her to bathroom, she is saying her legs hurt really bad, bringing tears to her eyes. I am not sure what to do. This moring her temp is 99.9. I do plan on taking her back to drs tomorrow. Do you think i should take her to after hours or should I wait??  Thankyou for your help.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Paradys
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Is it her whole legs or just one spot? Growing pains a poss or lymph nodes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catseyez
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Hello , it seems to be whole legs i made her stand up and she can stand but with knees completely bent. now her fever is 101 and that is after giving her motrin about 40 mins ago. im not sure what you were asking about lymph nodes?  Thankyou for responding

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting catseyez:

Hello , it seems to be whole legs i made her stand up and she can stand but with knees completely bent. now her fever is 101 and that is after giving her motrin about 40 mins ago. im not sure what you were asking about lymph nodes?  Thankyou for responding

She is running a high fever and feeling horrible. I bet her whole body hurts. Personally, I would take her back to the doctor and make sure it's not an infection or mono.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Paradys
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Or flu, really bad flu this yr. Call dr and Ger her back in.
Let us know how she's doin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddiesmommy123
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:26 AM

If it were me, Id take her to the after hours and or into the doctor again asap....better to be safe than sorry!! Good luck, hope she feels better soon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN