Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats the proper thing to do with a...

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

My brother and SIL gave me earrings for Christmas, I don't wear earrings or even have pierced ears, so what should I do with them? I don't want to offend my brother and SIL but come on now it was kind of thoughtless to give someone something they can't even wear. I would like to sell them but I don't know what else to do, they did not give me a gift receipt, what do I do.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Regift or make a general donation box for a women's shelter.

Or just keep them for the sake of keeping them. Like a year so no one will really notice lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM
Sell them.

Not like they put any thought into it.....so you don't even need to feel guilty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avaandemmasmom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Quoting -42-:

Sell them.

Not like they put any thought into it.....so you don't even need to feel guilty!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I would keep them in my jewelry box for awhile and sit on what to do with them.  Perhaps take your brother aside and see how they came up with giving you earrings.

Armymom134
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would keep them in my jewelry box for awhile and sit on what to do with them.  Perhaps take your brother aside and see how they came up with giving you earrings.

This isn't the first time they've done something like this. I just tend to take it and say thank you and try to use whatever they give me, but I can't use these at all. I thought about regifting them but they aren't even pretty IMO.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Quoting Armymom134:

Quoting frndlyfn:

This isn't the first time they've done something like this. I just tend to take it and say thank you and try to use whatever they give me, but I can't use these at all. I thought about regifting them but they aren't even pretty IMO.

I would just donate them to either a womens shelter or good will.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:28 PM
They're pretty.

Regift totally outside the family. Or donate like I said before

Quoting Armymom134:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured